Thread: Which trade would you make?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Which trade would you make?

10 team full keeper I have been offered a few trades..

Scenario #1

I would give my Grady Sizemore and Pedro Alvarez for his Ryan Braun and Eric Hosmer

Scenario #2

I would give him my Pedro Alvarez for his Eric Hosmer and Jordan Walden

I love Both Braun and Sizemore - im not sure which player I want long term..

As for Pedro Alvarez, I love him, but I have Evan Longoria as my 3B for the next decade lol

I do like Eric Hosmer and Logan Morrison ( team im dealing with has both Hosmer and Morrison)

THoughts on Sizemore / Braun?

Thoughts about Pedro Alvarez??

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would consider myself lucky to have either Braun or Sizemore. They have not fallen into my lap as yet.

Given your strength at 3B already - that was my concern while I read your post giving up Alvarez, wow... still debating it in my head while writing it.

A)Sizemore has strength in Speed (which of course disapperas faster than strength based in Power).

B )Braun has strength in power (which is genearlly easier to replace in the draft than speed, or at least less expensive to replace).

Alvarez > Hosmer (age has a lot to do with it - as Hosmer is very raw but has HUGE upside - from what I\'ve read - I\'m thinking Ryan Howard light with higher avg.) Not sure if Walden would make the differene in my mind here... Alvarez will develop faster, so the gap between the two will become greater before it narrows as Hosmer gets closer to the MLB (I\'d be tempted to stand pat if Sizemore vs. Braun doesn\'t tip the scales for you).

With Braun stealing 10-15 bags a year (do you think he could get to 20 one year? I think I would go with him given the choice straight up.

Does Hosmer/Walden do it for me in this deal when I have Alvarez?

Given all my ramblings; I dont think this is a deal I\'d go for. Without obvious needs - there just isn\'t reason to make this deal! Without reason to make any deal I don\'t generally put myself in a position to possibly fail a trade if there is no reason to take the risk:unsure:

Geez. I wonder if I helped at all :S

Dobber Sports Recruit

Porter, thanks yes it helped

I think im going to stand pat. I love Sizemore just as much as Braun so dont see a reason to swing a deal and as for Alvarez, I really wanna wait and see what this kid does before I ship him off..

thanks 4 your input

Dobber Sports Rookie

Alvarez apparently has average power. When they say average power, I\'ll assume 20 HR power. If a trade involves prospects that are at least a couple years away, I usually don\'t let that factor in my decision, unless they\'re considered a can\'t miss prospect, or a top 50 prospect, which Hosmer apparently is.

Hosmer is going to take awhile to get here as he was considered the top high school player, unless he pulls off his Travis Snider impression on everyone.

His scouting report - Impact bat and good all-round first baseman. Think Casey Kotchman with more power.

As for Walden, he breezed by Rookie Ball and A Ball, but struggled with his control at High A Ball. His K rate kind of fluctuated between the three seasons, but took a turn for the better last year (9.2 K/9). However his control and command have been on a decline, which probably means he\'s going to be in the minors awhile longer.

I\'d probably do the Hosmer for Alvarez/Walden deal - a top 50 prospect with another chance for you to pick up another prospect (I assume since it\'s a 2-1 deal).

As for the deal involving Grady Sizemore and Braun - I\'d stand bat. Sizemore is already putting up Ryan Braun like numbers, with 30+ steals. That\'s not easily replaceable.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec