Thread: Holds leader

Cunning

Default Holds leader

Who do you think will be the holds leader this year.

imported_shallowfrozenwater

Default Holds leader

i\'ll go with an old favourite like Scot Shields but holds are always a crapshoot.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Holds leader

What Ian said!
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

rwthompson

Default Holds leader

Keep an eye on Chicago Cubs,if Gregg gets the closer role than my vote is MarmolB) Same with the A\'s, if Devine does\'nt close he\'ll be a contender just my .02cents

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Holds leader

i\'ll take another old favourite... okajima

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Holds leader

I\'ll take the Anaheim youngster as a darkhorse.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Holds leader

Since I was gonna say Shields, I guess I\'ll change it up and go with Saito instead.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Holds leader

i love holds.

that was the first stat that was tweaked years and years and years (and years and years and years) ago in my first league that i joined that was \"so controversial\" but has proven to show that it offers balance in stat considerations and RP relevance...

i find it interesting that even with monster years like K-Rod had, or regular dominance that papelbon/other tier-1 relievers bring the holds guys get the wealth spread out pretty fairly.

one would have thought that Shields would/should have more last season, (arredondo poached enough to be must-start worthy), and it\'s interesting to see a guy like Kyle McClellan come in and hold down the fort for St Louis (but holding a 4.+ era with it), and then the opposite spectrum there\'s Marmol - who many didn\'t spend high money on last season but provided MONSTER numbers... and that\'s with his 1 month skid that he hit, that he bounced back from too.

such a crapshoot to pick a winner - we should make a karma-kontest for it if you ask me... pick one, and reward the guy(s) that come through with the winner!

i\'m gonna go with Marte for this discussion, the Yanks\' should have some more oomph to their stats and he should get out of enough trouble to let Mo\' close up shop and get Damaso approximately 30 holds.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Holds leader

I\'m off topic here, but what in jeeebsus name is this karma stuff you guys are talking about? All this time I thought Karma to CobraTron was showing gratitude for answering their post haha
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Holds leader

karma: a dobber forum way of rewarding/acknowledging/giving props for a quality reply, winning a thread-contest, something lol-funny that you want to give extra \"credit\" for to the person that posted it, or if you have a smoking hot chick in your avatar/signature and you can\'t help focusing on her instead of the post content.

in the hockey forums we have guys with Karma counts in the hundreds, guys with -values (for be d-bags or losing a bet or negative conduct on the forums), and guys that have a few here and there...

hope it explains it for you (it\'s nothing \"official\" - just unofficial official tokens of respect/gratitude/insightappreciation.)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Holds leader

Ah, akin to the virtual beer! haha

Thanks for clarifying!
    Keeper League:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Holds leader

Putz got rocked in his first WBC appearance yesterday, but as long as he\'s healthy, ya gotta think the Mets will use the Putz/KRod combo as much as they can to try and forget about all the leads the bullpen blew the in 07 and 08. A healthy Putz could lead the league in holds.