Towles, J.R. C HOU
    McPherson, Dallas 3B FLA
    Vitters, Josh 3B CHC
    Joe Koshansky 1B COL
    Steve Pearce OF PIT
    Stubbs, Drew OF CIN

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Pick my M/L Keepers

Purcey, Aceves, Balester,Harrison, Radhames,Towles,Mcpherson,Koshansky,Pearce.
    Haven\'t heard of the other guys. A texas pitcher isn\'t exactly something to look forward to. Pirates either...if this helps any.

p.s. I\'ve won my league 2 of 3 years...not sure how.
    [u]16teamKeeper-10keepers-Head2Head[/u][b]
    Lincecum,Verlander,FelixHern,Lee,Minor,
    Dempster,Hughes,lynn,smyly,duffy
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol
    OF:J.Upton,McCutchen,AJones
    1B)VottoSS)Hanley2B)PEDROIA3B)LongoriaC)Soto

Dobber Sports Apprentice

At this point I wouldn\'t want Harrison. Shoulder issues and a big ERA with Texas, he doesn\'t even get a high K/9. I guess he does have a positive over a guy like Moskos in that he is already at the MLB level. Purcey is similar with the ERA but gets more K\'s which I like. Still, he is already 26. A crapshoot overall but...

Aceves, Guerra, Balester, Liz, Main, Towles, McPherson, Vitters, Koshansky, Pearce

I keep hanging onto hope for Liz and Koshansky but it is now or never. I\'d be surprised if McPherson doesn\'t do SOMETHING positive this year at the MLB level. How can they hold him any longer?
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Recruit

Bit of a change have added and moved a couple of guys in Parker and Samardzia or however you spell it. I moved PUrcey.

Harrison, Matt SP TEX
    Moskos, Daniel SP PIT
    Aceves, Alfredo SP NYy
    Guerra, Deolis SP MIN
    C.Balester SP WAS
    Liz, Radhames SP BAL
    Main, MIchal SP Tex
    Jarrod Parker SP AZ
    Jeff Samrdzia SP CUBS

Towles, J.R. C HOU
    McPherson, Dallas 3B FLA
    Vitters, Josh 3B CHC
    Joe Koshansky 1B COL
    Steve Pearce OF PIT
    Stubbs, Drew OF CIN

Dobber Sports Novice

first what are your MiLB cutoffs 150 ABs 50 IP? What is your time table for needing some of these players to be MLB ready?
    Are there limits to how long a prospect can be on your roster?

McPhearson is going to be given the starting duties at 3B next year so depending on your league he will probably burn through is eligibility quickly. Keep him if you have a hole at 3B right now

Koshansky is not going to be a factor. If Helton can\'t go in the spring the Rockies will likely move Atkins to first and Stewart to 3B long term (barring an Atkins trade)

Towels - there has to be better options for you after the season starts for catching prospects. Besides with 146 AB\'s you are probably cutting him sometime during next season as he exhausts his MiLB status

So out of your list I would keep in order:
    1.Vitters - Cubs top prospect some estimate a 2011-12 timetable
    2. Jarrod Parker - AZ\'s top pitching prospect could be in rotation by 2010
    3. Aceves - could be starting in back half of Yankees rotation over Kennedy and Hughes
    4. Jeff Samardzija - Cubs top pitching prospect another 4 star prospect that will have a prominent role on the Cubs staff next year
    5. Michal Main - off of the Texas radar after Feliz and Holland, but he is an 07 first round pick with a huge ceiling
    6. Drew Stubbs - Baseball prospectus 4 star prospect
    7. McPhearson if you need a 3B stopgap next year
    8. Daniel Moskos - Fourth pick of last year\'s draft, but a long way away from making an impact
    9.Deolis Guerra - elite pitching prospect, but still a ways away
    10. Liz Radhames - has a hard throwing arm, but does not look like an elite prospect anymore
    My Team is Better Than Yours!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I sure hope McPherson is more than a stopgap but only time will tell. There aren\'t many good catchers so that is why I would still give Towels a shot. He has done some nice things. Nice move on getting Parker and Samardzija. They are possibly your two best prospects now. On my list I would drop out Koshansky and Liz.

I think Benched is looking more for upside while I am giving a little more credit to players close the the majors. Moskos is just too far away for me to invest in a pitcher like him. Also, Stubbs seems like a disappointment to me. Why are you so high on him still? Welcome to the site btw. Looks like you know your stuff.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Novice

I am not 100% sold on Stubbs, but I do think he is worth keeping over others on this list. He went from HiA to AA and finished up in AAA this year seeing increases in AVG, OBP,SLG, OPS every step of the way (OK, he had half as many ABs in AA and AAA this year, but still nice to see the progression) Also, he will be playing in one of the more hitter friendly parks for half of his games if and when he makes the MLB roster.

What I meant by stopgap with McPherson is that I am assuming JJ has better options currently at 3B on MLB roster and I think that Vitters ends up being the better player by a longshot so the stopgap would be between what JJ has now and Vitters.

And yes I am a big proponent of upside .

BTW Thanks for the welcome I love the dobber sites...
    My Team is Better Than Yours!