Thread: Ready for next season already?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Ready for next season already?

The Hockey Utopia Fantasy Association is currently accepting applicants for the 2012-2013 fantasy season! These 14-team, head-to-head salary cap leagues bring together some of the most experienced fantasy hockey GMs in the world, playing under a proven rulebook that's challenging and fun. Join one of the most organized leagues you'll ever play in, and compete for cash prizes and a chance to join the HUFA Champions League!

"It's a fun format with very active and competitive GM's. It was my first salary cap h2h league and it was made really easy by a very organized commish with a great site. Can't recommend HUFA more." - A Watch (1,322 posts)

"I personally am not in this league but I am in another pay league zoomwaffles commish and with the same set of rules. Definitely won't regret any league where he is the commish!" - Joos (4,106 posts)

"I am in two of these leagues - the PCFL and the NAFL, and they are the best-run leagues you will find on here. You will be amazed at the work James does to keep these leagues running at top-notch, and the websites used for transactions and forums are excellent. Basically everything is tracked for you, and in such a deep league with salary cap and prospects it is absolutely awesome." - Cunning Stunts (132 posts)

For more information and the complete rulebook, check out www.hockeyutopia.com/hufa! We're looking to start at least 2 brand new leagues next year, and will surely have spots to fill in the current leagues, too. If you take over a non-playoff team, you get free entry until you make the playoffs!

Click here to apply: http://www.hockeyutopia.com/index.ph...FA_Application
    Last edited by GMGates; April 29, 2012 at 2:48 PM.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Unhappy

This leauge is a really great and unique spin on the game of fantasy hockey. If you really like fantasy hockey and also prospects, international hockey, and the business of hockey this is a great leauge for you. Its more than a salary cap because wheather the player is UFA, RFA or entry level and being brought in and out of their NHL team linup these things effect how you manage your team season in and season out. Moves impact your cap for the season so moves are made with purpose and you don't have to deal with managers flipping out players all the time flavor of the month style. Building a good team is challenging but its one of the greatest group of hockey and fantasy enthusiasts I have met in my 15 years in the game so hanging out in the leauge forum is as fun as playing. The comish is top notch and keeps the league fun, I've not dealt with any B.S. or unfairness in the leauge and enjoy managing a building dynasty team and its JV roster of tomrrow's stars. My championship in 2 seasons, book it
    Last edited by fuji9991; February 21, 2012 at 5:08 PM.

Dobber Sports Stud

I love this format.... I now am in two of the leagues and will have to fight the urge to join another next year Can't say enough about the work the commish put into it to make it easy and fun.
    Two Stroke Hockey League - Points only, full keeper
    Capwise Full Keeper H2H Roto Leagues: East Coast Fantasy League,
    Icey Cups Fantasy Hockey League - H2H Points, Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Veteran

This is my first season in this league and I gotta say that its very well run and well organized. It's a very challenging league and the way you have to deal with the cap and plan your moves is a lot of fun. I'm actually considering joining one of the new leagues for next season too.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Prodigy

FYI, if we can get 14 guys in, we'll start the league immediately, even if it's in the summer. We'll do a prospect draft in May and you'll have the summer to trade prospects and picks. It's a fun way to keep one foot in the fantasy hockey door during the offseason!

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Awesome!

First year here as well, and I can't recommed this league enough.

Even though it's my first real salary cap league I haven't had any trouble learning the ins and outs since everyone is so friendly and the rulebook very clear. I also can't say enough about the commish (zoomwaffles) and the amount of effort he puts in to make everthing work so smoothly.

If you're looking for a new league then don't hesitate and sign up for one of HU's many leagues, you'll be hard pressed to find a deeper and more fun league!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Best I have ever been in. Great set of rules and the commish does a out standing job.Hope to add one more team.
    10 Team H2H, 22 Man Roster + 15 Farm + 2IR
    Keep 10 Skaters + 2 Goalie and up to 15 Farm
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3D, 2G, 8 bench, 6 Farm
    G,A,PPP,+/-,PIM
    W,GAA,SV%,SO

Dobber Sports Pro

Not much more to add than what has been said here already. I'm one year in and am enjoying the format and competition very much. Stiff opposition and quality GMs make the difference in any league and this is place you want to go!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Three spots left in the first of our new leagues. Get in early and enjoy the summer activities!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Sure I'll join up for one with dobberities. I'll shoot you a pm with my email zoom, sounds your leagues come highly recommended.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Excellent! The group has now been split into two leagues... one for $75 and one for $30.

Looks like we've got 8 spots left in the $75 league, and 9 spots left in the $30 league.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Still a few spots to fill...

Teams to take over:
    Free league -- At least 2
    $20 league -- At least 1
    $50 league -- At least 1

Brand new teams:
    $30 league -- 9 spots
    $75 league -- 5 spots

Click "Join" at http://www.hockeyutopia.com/hufa to sign up!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

ONE spot left in the brand new $75 league. The new $30 league isn't happening, so this is your only chance to take over a NEW team in the HUFA this year!! First come, first served...

Click "Join" at http://www.hockeyutopia.com/hufa to sign up!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The $75 league is now full.

We have 1 team available in our $50 league, if you're interested!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Looking for a C. Hodge... I got your application, but the email address you included isn't working. If you see this, shoot me a PM or email me directly ([email protected])!