Thread: Heatley, Pacioretty or Voracek

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Heatley, Pacioretty or Voracek

Trying to determine who mj final Keeper will be (if I don't keep 3 Goaltenders).

I've been chatting with many of you who recognize that my RW could use an upgrade.

My Current Keepers (keep 14) break down as follows.

C - Tavares
    C - Huberdeau
    L - Ovechkin
    L - Hall
    R - Kessel
    R - Carter
    D - Doughty
    D - Edler
    D - Phaneuf
    D - Kulikov
    G - Bryz
    G - Hiller

with my 2 Utility I plan on keeping
    a) either one extra Goalie (Bernier, Harding or Bobrovsky) if they get moved to a Starting position.
    or
    b) LW-Pacioretty, RW/LW Heatley, C-Roy...

however, my big question to you guys...How Does VORACEK compare to the 3 forwards I've mentioned? (Max P, Heatley and Roy)?

I'm wondering if maybe he could be that RW depth I'm looking for behind Carter (thereby allowing me to use Carter at Center as well while Hubs aclimates to Florida next year (Hopefully).

Interested to hear your thoughts. Do I make a pitch for Voracek considering who I currently have on my roster? What are the chances he flanks Giroux next year...and does his value hinge mainly on that?

Dobber Sports Genius

I like Voracek a lot, and I think he's the best of the three. Who knows if he flanks Giroux next year, but I don't think his success hinges solely on that. He's looking great in the playoffs, and he had a very solid year in his first as a Flyer. I expect a breakout next year, personally. He's played 4 full seasons and he's due.

Dobber Sports Giant

voracek for sure.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I am a huuuuuuuge Voracek fan, buuuuuuut in order............

Max Pac

Roy
    Voracek

Heatley

Dobber Sports Immortal

I think I would still take Max over Voracek. Sure he has looked great this postseason, and for the last 15 games or so, but Pach has shown I over a full season whereas Voracek's issue has always been consistency.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If you were gunning for it this year, I'd actually roll the dice on Heatley. But your team is pretty young so it's between Voracek and Patches.

Between the two I'll go Patches - why? He's pretty much the center of MTL's offense (along with Cole, Plek, Desharnais) now whereas Voracek has a lot more competition IMO. Patches also proved himself this year, something Voracek has yet to do over a full season.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think I'm going to suggest Voracek, but it's damn close between him and Patch. There's no reason Patch can't break 30 goals and 60 points again next year, but without SOG or hits in your league he loses out on a couple categories he has a huge advantage in.

Giroux or not, I expect Voracek to reach 60 points next year, with potential for more if he does slot in with Giroux. He played on the top PP unit all season in Philly this year but spent a lot of the time passing off to his teammates and missing out on all the scoring. He's looked a LOT more confident with the puck on the PP lately and if that carries over to next season he'll get a huge boost right there.

So I would suggest Voracek for the reason that he could very well outscore Patch next year. Maybe he won't but in a 10 team league your team probably isn't championship caliber so I would take the higher upside and hope.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Genius

Mac Pac !!!

Dobber Sports Ace

Here's a Leafs fan picking the Hab. Pacs for me, though his +- isnt going to be great. Montreal's offense is through him. If it were a SOG league, it'd be an easier decision.
    Weekly H2H
    G / A / P / +- / PowerPlayPoints / Shots / Goalie Wins / GAA / Save%

Dobber Sports Pro

Pacioretty,

Your league slightly values goals higher than most other stats (you count GWG) and patches is the most natural scorer of the bunch. Last year I would have said heatly but Patche's shot is looking deadly. Flawless release. Goals baby.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop