Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: [Trade] Erik Johnson to Colorado....

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    The worst part is going to be when another one of these prodigies pulls a Phaneuf and regresses to plug status and we spend the next 5 years ranting and raving about how he was the chosen one like we're freaking Obi Wan Kenobi.
    Indeed. I think Phaneuf had too much success too soon. Here's a piece of advice for Ryan Ellis owners: KEEP HIM AND BE PATIENT. He's not being thrown into the fire and will be better off down the line because of it.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Indeed. I think Phaneuf had too much success too soon. Here's a piece of advice for Ryan Ellis owners: KEEP HIM AND BE PATIENT. He's not being thrown into the fire and will be better off down the line because of it.
    Yeah and it's Nashville, they breed defensemen like thoroughbred horses. Ellis will be put in a position to succeed. Don't be surprised if it involves playing beside Ryan Suter or another shutdown type for 20 minutes a night. My issue with Ellis is that he's always had elite forwards to work with on his teams and has obviously reaped the rewards but I feel like that takes a little shine off of him. His offensive game is as polished as you'll find. He just needs time to get used to playing against pro sized players and how he can be effective with the increased speed at the pro level. At that point we get to find out if he can work his magic. Gonna be a long wait though.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Demi-God

BUMP OF THE DAY. -March 23, 2012
    (I haven't read through this yet... but I decided it would be interesting to see what we thought of the players involved in this trade and where/how they'd progress)

From best to worst.
    A relative-value list to what I thought they'd be:

Shattenkirk (Exceeded my expectations)
    McClement (Meh)
    E.Johnson (well below expectations)
    C.Stewart (well, well below expectations)

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    E.Johnson (well below expectations)
    You clearly don't even watch the games. EJ has easily been COL's best dman the last 40 games since coming off of injury including a +9 rating over that stretch.

The Great One

I traded E. Johnson half way into this year.

I was excited for him to become an Avalanche but he is not the defender St. Louis expected when they drafted him 1st overall.

My biggest disappointing with him is his foot speed. So slow.

Im sure the surgery didn't help.