Thread: Mike Cammalleri

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Mike Cammalleri

What has happened to this guy?? I was the lucky guy in my pool who traded for him a few days before he got injured this year...he was scoring really well up to that point, but since his return from injury he has been mostly invisible. Any thoughts on why he\'s having a serious lack of production would be appreciated. Also, does anyone know more of the rumour that he is unhappy in L.A. due to the arbitration hearing last summer and that he might be looking to jump ship this summer??

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Mike Cammalleri

the rumour exists because he got seriously shortchanged by the arbiter, who sided heavily in LA\'s favour. he\'s still stuck there for another year, but if LA drafts Stamkos, look for Cammalleri to be traded sometime next season.

i\'m not sure if there is more to it than that.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Mike Cammalleri

Not to take anything away from your comments Ultra, I just think Cammalerri is still a little bit hurt and hindering his point production. He knows he should have got more money last year in his arbitration battle but what can you do. I think by saying he is mad at the contract and is playing bad because of that is not true. He wants to play good and prove to the KINGS that they should have given him a bigger contract.

And if the Kings get Stamkos, they aren\'t just going to trade Cammalerri away just because of that. But I think with all the young guys in the system already and the over abundance of centerman, they can afford to trade cammalerri.

Cammalerri is still young and is a great playmaker and goal scorer. He would fit into any team looking for scoring punch.
    Z.. great thread guys..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Mike Cammalleri

no offence taken Z. i didn\'t want to suggest that\'s he\'s angry with the team or intentially playing crappy or that he has personality issues or anything like that... just tried to lay out where I think the rumour is coming from without adding in any other theory.

while i was reading dobber\'s thn article, came across this one for cammy:
    http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...ammalleri.html
    sounds like a quality guy. i love how he picks freddy couples as his favourite golfer, and the story about falling on his face in college.

i don\'t want to suggest that there is any ill will between the kings and him. who knows, there could be. but you\'re dead on Z when you say that IF they get stamkos, THEN they can afford to deal him

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Mike Cammalleri

Thanks for the heads up...I thought he only had a one year contract and was going to move on this summer...should be interesting to see how the Kings improves next year. They\'ll definitely have to pick up some d-men to help make all of the forwards better. Just out of curiousity, which order would you guys rank the Kings top young forwards, in terms of potential, Kopitar, O\'Sullivan, Frolov, Cammalleri, Brown, Purcell. Thanks

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Mike Cammalleri

Exactly how you have them, actually.

Possible that O\'Sullivan surpasses Kopitar, but too soon to tell, and right now I\'d rather have big Anze.

Frolov is still capable of more. Purcell is a wild card, although anything beyond 75 points for an undrafted late bloomer will be a huge (pleasant) surprise