Thread: Playoff pool question

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Playoff pool question

My friends and I do a playoff pool every year. Usually use the box format.

Problem we ran into last year is that the winner had pretty much been decided after round 2 and everyone lost interest. Is there anyway to allow for player changes after each round without punishing the guys who picked right?
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If its a box pool I\'m assuming that everyone can pick the same best players in each box? Wouldn\'t changing players just end up with everyone having all the same players?

Anyhow,I know exactly what you mean. It sucks when the playoff pool is virtually over after the first two rounds.I like the sounds of a head to head format during the playoffs. 1st vs last, etc. I have never done it but it seems like it would sure spice up the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

the thing about playoff pools is you\'re not necessarily tryign to pick the best player, but the best player on a team that you think will go deep. there\'s no sense picking ovechkin if you think the caps are going to lose in the first round, even if he manages to rack up 10 points, when you could get someone like heatley when you think ottawa will go deep. just an example.

being able to change players during the playoffs negates all of this, and as the above poster said, as teams get eliminated everyone\'s teams would start looking very similar.