Thread: Ward or Vokoun for this year??

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Ward or Vokoun for this year??

Vokoun was dropped yesterday in my 1 year H2H league, which is interesting, to say the least. I currently own Lundqvist, Ward and Smith.

Would you guys consider dropping Ward to pick up Vokoun, scoring categories being W, SV%, GAA, SHO?

Looking at the playoffs schedule, Washington plays one more game than Carolina in the first week (for which I'm likely to get a bye) so there is not much to be gained there.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I don't know to be honest - the Caps seem to be in a worse mess than the Canes if you can believe it.

Sounds like you are merrily on your way to the playoffs - is there anyway you can pick up Vokoun and ride it out on Vokoun and Ward for a while to see who is performing better closer to the playoffs?

I would probably stick with Ward otherwise, but have no clear reason for that other than the Caps just are so dis-functional at the moment

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yes, currently in first place so I should make the playoffs barring a disaster. Our league does not allow us to carry more than three goalies, unfortunately, so I would have to drop one to pick up Vokoun...

Dobber Sports Ninja

I would go with Vokoun for a few reasons:

1) Vokoun has been very solid this season. Surprising to me to see considering how much Washington has struggled but Vokoun has a .920% and 2.45GAA which isn't too shabby.
    2) To me Hunter has made it pretty clear that he isn't the biggest fan of Michal Neuvirth. You can say I'm over-analysing it but that's how I'm reading it after his comments. Before the season started one of the biggest issues with Vokoun was that people were worried that Neuvirth would steal his job. That isn't happening IMO.
    3) Despite Washington being in a major funk right now they still have something to play for unlike Carolina.
    4) With Lundqvist and Smith already in goal for you odds are your %s are pristine. I'd go with the guy who can provide you with more wins down the stretch.

If I could trade Cam Ward right now for Vokoun in my one-year (with same stats) I personally would. My two cents.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Stick with Ward. He's been playing well lately, better than Vokoun, although it's so close it's really a toss-up:
    WARD: 5 Wins, 0.935 Sv%, 2.04 GAA in his last 10 starts.
    VOKOUN: 4 Wins, 0.928 Sv%, 2.18 GAA in his last 10 starts.

Dobber Sports Ninja

LOL....4 goals on 11 shots. NICE. -_-
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!