Thread: Starter next season?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Starter next season?

What do you think are the odds that any of these will land a solid starting job next season:

-Halak (takes over starter position, or continues to platoon with Elliott?)
    -Neuvirth/Holtby (which one takes over for Capitals? Or do they bring Vokoun back?)
    -Dubnyk (Khabibulin is old and injury prone)
    -Harding
    -Emery

Thanks fellas!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Halak is easily the best choice here. He will be their starter come playoff time and that will translate into more starts next season.

I think Dubnyk is going to be stuck with Khabi for next season as well. He'll get more starts, but Khabi still has a year left at $3.75 million so it's not surprising. They could possibly deal him to a team in need, but I don't see many teams taking a chance on a 39 year old making almost $4 million.

There's really no way to predict what will happen with the other guys though...

Dobber Sports Pro

I don't know if any of them will be starters next year. Halak is no guarantee, as Hitch may simply platoon them next year as well if it keeps producing W's for the Blues. Halak's salary isn't that much for a starter and they just re-signed Elliot.

At this point I'd say Dubnyk is as likely to start next year as Halak with the same caveat - he may split with Khabibulin. However, if the Bulin Wall gets traded (unlikely - who would take the chance that he'll repeat his fine season?), then I'd go with Dubnyk from that list.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

A belated thanks for your thoughts, guys. Anyone else want to chime in?