Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: [Trade] Hall Gill to NAS for Geoffrion

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Great move by Nashville...

Geoffrion is a pretty decent prospect, but he wasn't a roster player in Nashville. For our playoff run, we don't lose a roster player, while we add solid shutdown defenseman. This takes some of the load off of Suter/Weber, who could remain fresh for a deep run.

Suter/Weber won't get traded this deadline, (I am almost certain, cause if grossman goes for 2nd/3d, can you imagine what Suter would fetch...) and we have a good playoff potential ahead of us.

For those concerned about our scoring up front. We have 161 goals this season, which is somewhere middle of the pack. So definitely not a HUGE concern. The big concern is Ellis/Josi/Blum/Hillen for our playoff run. This will likely return Ellis to the AHL and get some more experience.

I wouldn't mind seeing another great piece on forward, but I'm not sure who...

Nashville is going to be a darkhorse I think. Especially if we have a somewhat favorable 1st round matchup.
    Also the Preds have one of the best powerplays in the league almost inexplicably.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Also the Preds have one of the best powerplays in the league almost inexplicably.
    Yes, powerplay is top 3 I believe (it was a couple weeks ago anwyay), and our PK is 25th. So Gill is gonna shore that up a bit hopefully.

I can't be but excited about this.

Poile/Trotz, deserve to go Hall of Fame when it's all said and done. Always able to make it happen, with limited supplies.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Yes, powerplay is top 3 I believe (it was a couple weeks ago anwyay), and our PK is 25th. So Gill is gonna shore that up a bit hopefully.

I can't be but excited about this.

Poile/Trotz, deserve to go Hall of Fame when it's all said and done. Always able to make it happen, with limited supplies.
    I'll give them the hall of fame bit if they can go deep this year and also lock up Suter/Weber and be contenders for the next few years. They sure are creating a warm spot in my heart for them tho in this years playoffs. Love this move to help out their PK.

Dobber Sports Stud

Gill, Rinne, Suter and Weber...... That's almost all you need for a deep playoff run I think Nashville just got a whole lot better in the playoffs. As if we needed another hard playoff team in the west. Damnit.
    Two Stroke Hockey League - Points only, full keeper
    Capwise Full Keeper H2H Roto Leagues: East Coast Fantasy League,
    Icey Cups Fantasy Hockey League - H2H Points, Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Genius

Gill is a good shot blocker/penalty killer.
    he takes bad penalties cause hes so slow. he will be eaten alive in the west.
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah Gill is good for blocking shots but he is slow and gets skated around alot. He need to simply lay down infront of the net to be effective. Gill best quality as a skater - lying on the ice

I would have liked to see Ellis stay with the team through the playoff run and playoffs, it would be great experience for him. Plus i just made a trade for him.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Great deal for Nashville, good to see Montreal getting some nice value for Hal Gill. I've always liked Blake Geoffrion and if they do their homework on that second round pick, they can definitely get value out of it. Robert Slaney isn't anything more than a throw in here.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Right, and it will give Suter/Weber less PK responsibility and reduce their workload considerably, which will go a long way.
    Ugh, I remember Weber taking a penalty last year in like the last game or something and watching the inevitable happen in the Canucks scoring. Ugh.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    Great deal for Nashville, good to see Montreal getting some nice value for Hal Gill. I've always liked Blake Geoffrion and if they do their homework on that second round pick, they can definitely get value out of it. Robert Slaney isn't anything more than a throw in here.
    Slaney is basically help for Hamilton and maybe a future Tom Pyatt if all goes well. Guys of his type bounce around all over the place.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by TML View Post
    Ugh, I remember Weber taking a penalty last year in like the last game or something and watching the inevitable happen in the Canucks scoring. Ugh.
    u mean the somewhat questionable call on weber on kesler in OT followed by kesler scoring the OT winner? yeah i remember that lol
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    u mean the somewhat questionable call on weber on kesler in OT followed by kesler scoring the OT winner? yeah i remember that lol
    I don't... all the questionable calls last post season have blurred together into a ref induced nauseas migraine.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril