Thread: John Muse

Dobber Sports Ace

Default John Muse

Where has this guy come from? he's killing it for the Checkers in the AHL. I'm wondering if anyone can give me any insight to what his likely future is. Has even signed any contract with Carolina? or anyone else?

Just grabbed him in my deep deep keeper and want to know realistically if he could get a shot at the big league one day, seems like he can jump Peters and Murphy in the depth chart though....
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

The King of Diatribes

Muse was a free agent all summer long after having a very good college career in the NCAA. He was signed to an AHL contract by the Checkers and then sent down to the Everblades in the ECHL. He played there for a while and then got called up to Charlotte when Boucher got hurt. He caught fire right away and hasn't given up the net yet.

He's another one of those small-framed goalies that have terrific quickness and real good head senses (great vision, great ability to process plays and react quickly).

But I wouldn't get over-excited. A lot of goalies that play in the NCAA and then get that first recall to the AHL do really well because the game is much more structured, so it is much easier to read plays and manage the puck within a game. It happens all the time. Then they come back for their second go-around and don't have nearly the same type of success.

I believe I have John Muse ranked right around 100th in my Top-150 this month. He is definitely on my radar, but I don't think he's much of a "threat" to overcome guys like Mike Murphy just yet. It's certainly possible, but first he will have to be signed by the Carolina Hurricanes. As of now, he's still just an UFA signed to an AHL contract for the season.

Dobber Sports Ace

Awesome thanks for the info Justin! Your contribution to the site is brilliant!

I'll be hoping a team picks him up!
    Not THAT hairy, honest!