Thread: Should I make the trade

mikebossy

Default Should I make the trade

Keeper League, won\'t win it this year and am looking more long term. Ive been offered a deal in which I get O\'sullivan and Vermette and give up Cammalleri and a pick. I will be dropping Vermette at the end of the season (can\'t keep everyone). I really like Cammalleri and believe that he can hit 90-100pts. I know Osully has potential but do you think he can outscore Cammalleri in a couple years?

Dobber Sports Master

Don\'t see you gaining too much with O\'sully instead of Cammy.

If vermette is gonna be a drop then giving away a pick makes you loose out on the trade
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Padawan

keep Cam & the pick
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

I...am your father.

Don\'t do that deal, for reasons Crazynuck said. But don\'t believe that Cammy will ever get 90. He is 85-90 tops.

B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

mikebossy

The pick would be very late. I just thought that maybe Osully had more offensive potential (alot of ppl here see him as a 90pt guy in 3 years) and I would be getting the best guy in the trade and younger at the same time.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Keep Mike Calamari :P
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

ya don\'t do that deal. keep Cammy, and deal him for someone better next season when he gets hot. I honestly think he is a little \'fantasy\' overrated. And LA will be pretty deep in forwards very soon so he won\'t have quite the free reign of pp time and Kopitar time should he get shuffled around.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

TOO much of a gamble. O\'Sully might get more then Cammalerri one day but not for the next few years. And if Vermette is not a keeper then there is no use.:S
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Zorro wrote:
    TOO much of a gamble. O\'Sully might get more then Cammalerri one day but not for the next few years. And if Vermette is not a keeper then there is no use.:S
    well said.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I think the day when O\'Sully gets more than Cammy is closer than most people think. He\'s proven he\'s a top-6 forward, and is being rewarded with over 18 minutes of ice, and among team leaders in PP time. I own Cammy and like him. But I like O\'Sully\'s upside and durability more. That said, this particular deal comes down to percieved value more than real value. I\'d probably hold on to Cammy and try to give up a lesser player for O\'Sully. You should be able to command more for him int he market....selling the fact that injury bhas impeded him this year and he will be back to 85+ points next year. (I personally don\'t see this happening).

I personally see O\'Sully hitting 75 points next year. He\'s been on a 67 point pace the last 45 games...albeit getting better icetime due to injuries to Cammy.

If this were a keeper roti-style league, and if O\'Sully was a fair bit cheaper than Cammy, I\'d rather have the former.