Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
The reason I keep harping on about their performance is because for me, consistent performance has a lot do with the prospect label. It's not just about number of games you've played. If you've proven consistently that you can perform at a high level in the league (and I think we can all agree that Schneider is as consistent as they come ), then that goes a long way in shedding the prospect label in my eyes.

From this perspective, Bernier is the classic definition of a prospect... many believe that he's capable of performing at a high level, yet he hasn't shown it. Given what Schneider has shown us in terms of consistent performance and big game experience, I find it very difficult to justify labelling him a "prospect".

I do agree that Schneider hasn't played a full season so he hasn't proven he'd excel as a #1 yet, but given what I've seen, I'd have a ton more confidence giving him the reigns than Bernier.
I totally agree. Like I said from the outset it's totally semantics for me I just have a tough time with that prospect vs. non-prospect line. It's a fine one but the implications are huge.

I'd rather have Schneider but would totally settle for Bernier and would be confident with either one but ultimately I'd better damn well have a backup plan because I'd hate to see these guys get Munsoned... err... Masoned out in the middle of nowhere.