Thread: 1/18/11 - Studs & Duds

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default 1/18/11 - Studs & Duds

So 4 games tonight... unlike most nights I do these, most goalies didn't play great so that's a nice change. Also, I know my S&D's have been ridiculously short lately so I'm going to try to make up for that a bit tonight. Some pretty surprising stars tonight, so without further ado:

Studs

3) Riding the Pine No More! - Neuvirth has spent plenty of time watching from the bench over the past couple weeks as Vokoun has been pretty stellar. However, tonight he got the start and he ran with it, stopping all 31 shots faced for the shutout against the Habs.

2) Right Back to It! - it's been a rough while for Peter Mueller as he's suffered a series of concussions over the past few seasons and managed just 15 games last season and only 6 thus far this season. However, tonight he proved he still has it - he posted a beautiful stat line of 2 G, 1 A, 1 PPP, +1, 5 SOG, 1 BS in just under 20 minutes of ice time.

1) Guess who...? - Bet you wouldn't have guessed Francois Beauchemin would be stud of the night without checking out the box scores. Hell, it's pretty rare even to see this guy show up in a box score. However, tonight he lit it up posting 2 G, 1 A, 1 PPP, +3, 2 SOG, 3 BS, 2 Hits and nearly 26 minutes of ice time!

Honorable Mention

Paul Stastny - He's been a letdown for most poolies this year but he's picked it up as of late and after his 2 point performance tonight he now has 6 in his last 7 games. Coincidence that his play has picked up since Duchene was injured?

Andrew Shaw - This guy has been tearing it up since being called up and had another 2 points tonight to go along with a +1 rating, 2 PIM, 4 SOG, 1 BS, 4 Hits, and 2 FOW in 20 minutes of ice time. God I wish I was faster on him in the UHL.

Jimmy Hayes - Not to be outdone by a fellow rookie, Hayes posted 2 points, a +2 rating, 2 PIM, 1 SOG, and 2 hits in under 10 minutes of ice time.

Duds

3) Polar Opposites - Seabrook and Kruger were the sole Hawks to go in the minus column, putting up a -1 rating each. Meanwhile, Leddy was a +3 and four other Hawks posted +2 ratings.

2) -3x3 - Well the three worst +/- ratings of the evening all went to members of the Buffalo Sabres. Roy, Leopold and Stafford all posted a lowly -3 rating.

1) Not so Fabulous Anymore... - Mike Smith has had a fantastic season so far, but that wasn't the case tonight. He let in 6 goals on a mere 21 shots for an ugly .714 SV%.

Dishonorable Mention

Ducks Big Three - Despite the Ducks offensive explosion tonight, the Big Three were largely absent. Perry managed a goal and 3 shots while Ryan and Getzlaf both went pointless and posted a -1 rating.

Enroth - Buffalo really isn't getting the goaltending this year. Miller has been awful and Enroth was stellar for a stretch, but that stretch has died as of late. He allowed 6 goals on 35 shots and posted a SV% of .829.

Lunch Line (or whatever it's called) - Florida's top line which was dominant at the start of the season has really stunk it up lately. The trio combined for 1 goal and a -4 rating tonight. Versteeg has only 1 point in the last 8 games and is a -8 in that span. Fleischmann has just 2 points in the last 7 games and is a -7 during the stretch. Likewise, Weiss has just 2 points in the last 6 and is -6 during that span.

Price - 3 goals on 16 shots? Yuck.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Andrew Shaw - This guy has been tearing it up since being called up and had another 2 points tonight to go along with a +1 rating, 2 PIM, 4 SOG, 1 BS, 4 Hits, and 2 FOW in 20 minutes of ice time. God I wish I was faster on him in the UHL.

Jimmy Hayes - Not to be outdone by a fellow rookie, Hayes posted 2 points, a +2 rating, 2 PIM, 1 SOG, and 2 hits in under 10 minutes of ice time.
    You're always too slow

Should have also kept Hayes on my farm so you couldn't get your hands on him.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Dishonorable Mention

Ducks Big Three - Despite the Ducks offensive explosion tonight, the Big Three were largely absent. Perry managed a goal and 3 shots while Ryan and Getzlaf both went pointless and posted a -1 rating.
    Complete misery = waking up to see the Ducks scored 6 and finding out Getz had 0, Perry with 1, and Selanne with 1.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    You're always too slow

Should have also kept Hayes on my farm so you couldn't get your hands on him.
    You're just too fast.

Eye for an eye I suppose.