Thread: Trade Offers Made

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Trade Offers Made

I made the following trade offers to 3 different teams, just want to know whether y\'all think they\'re fair for the other guy.

1. My Hossa, Kovalchuk, Ra. Whitney and 2nd RD pick for Ovechkin (if this isnt enough I have 2 5th RD picks and/or Burns/Bouwmeester/Bieksa)

2. My Lehtonen, Bouchard, Afinogenov and 1st + 3rd RD picks for Price (if this is not enough I can replace either PMB or Afinogenov with Hmsky)

3. My Kiprusoff, Stastny, Rolston for Malkin (if this is not enough I could replace Stastny with Thornton)

My team is in the sig. I wont do 3 if I dont do 2.

Dobber Sports Master

Trade 1 is should be enough. If I owned AO, I would have a long look at this offer. But then I would ask you for more on principle. Call it the AO trading tax.

Trade 2 is close. I think you might have to sweeten the pot. You are attempting to trade spare parts for a future franchise goalie. I dont think Lehtonen is that good.

Trade 3 being contingent on Trade 2 being accepted... Hmmmm This is a good trade for you, even tho it looks like you are giving up a lot.

None of these offers are low ball IMO. If I were receiving these offers as a starting point, I would counter every one of them. But then again, I counter everything.

Dobber Sports Star

Deal #1 is really close. Being an AO owner, I wouldn\'t be a big fan of Ray Whitney, he\'s getting pretty old. I\'d probably be looking for a guy like Burnsy and another pick possibly. It all depends what I would have on D and such. Definately a great starting point, and everyone\'s mentality is different, so he might like it.

Deal #2 Probably not enough for Price... once again, depends what the guy has left in net. You\'d have to give up Hemsky in place of PMB or Afino to try and sweeten the deal. This one mostly depends on his goaltending depth and what his needs are. I think out of all three deals this is the lowest starting offer IMO.

Deal #3 Good starting point again, might not be enough, however if you do end up getting Price, I think if you replace Stasny with Thornton that should get the deal done, especially if the guy with Malkin is weak between the pipes.

Overall, these are some of the fairest starting offers I\'ve ever come across in fantasy hockey, but without knowing the other teams\' assets and needs it\'s difficult to wager exactly where you could be in negotiations. Keep us posted on the outcomes
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Guru

#1: Pretty decent. If I had AO I would want Burns instead of Whitney. Hossa-Kovy makes this really really tempting.

#2: Lets assume Lehtonen-Hemsky-1st&3rdpick. Also very tempting, although I really like Lehtonen and cannot figure out how he\'s so sucky every 2nd game. However, I think the general opinion on Price right now is through the freaking roof and I\'ve found that his owners usually have their heads in the clouds. Might be the wrong time to pull off this deal. Wait for him to pull a Cam Ward next year.

#3: Lets forget Rolston.. he\'s not gonna make or break this deal. Kipper-Stastny for Malkin. Possible, especially if the other guy is a Flames fan with his red goggles on. I personally wouldn\'t do it. I would ask for Kipper-Thornton, minimum.

Overall, good proposals DL. I think you\'ll need to get lucky and hope that the other guy is not a dobberite for them to get accepted, but you might be able to negotiate to get them done. Ovechkin-Malkin-Radulov with Whitney-Phaneuf and Lundy-Price would give you pretty much the best group of keepers you could possibly have.

Dobber Sports Star

Hey now easy on the Price pulling a Cam Ward next year.

My fantasy success between the pipes next year rests on Price\'s shoulders haha. I sort of feel like the Habs, but good thing my talent up front is a little better than what they\'re rolling with
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1

Dobber Sports Guru

Haha, sorry Marty, but I\'m hoping it happens so that I can try again to pick up Price. Sort of like I\'m hoping that a big recession hits Calgary so that I can actually buy a house.

I\'m not confident it will happen in the Price case. He\'s the real deal. You can\'t train someone to be that chilled out. They should call him Price the Ice.

Dobber Sports Star

Price the Ice??? Sounds kind of dorky... maybe if it read Carey \"Cool as Ice\" Price.. I would be willing to accept it

None the less... looking at your team if you could turn Lehtonen into Price, those would be some wicked G\'s you\'d have there. Just out of curiosity... are you keeping the 3 you have now??

I remember when I had Lehtonen, you were one of the few to keep reassuring me. However, reassurances aside, as soon as I was able to move him in a package deal that saw me get Price back, I must say I have been sleeping a lot better at night

The Huet trade I think has caught a lot of people off guard, espeically those who wanted to make a play for him. They figured they could keep who they had to try and win their respective leagues without taking on a backup goalie at the time, and figured they\'d be able to pull a deal out in the summer. With each passing game he wins his value seems to go higher and higher.
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1

Dobber Sports Padawan

I don\'t think I can afford to keep 3 goalies unless I trade for another keeper spot. Right now my 10th keeper is Stastny. I\'m hoping to end up with Spezza, Malkin, Ovechkin, Radulov, Phaneuf, Ry. Whitney, Kipper, Lundqvist + 2 others if I can keep one of them as Thornton or Stastny I\'ll be very happy. As for the last spot, I might trade it or maybe if keep Rolston or Ra. Whitney if I still possess them.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I\'m thinking of revising my offers.

I heard back from the Ovechkin owner and he said he\'d consider it but it was doubtful.

My new thoughts are:

1. Hossa, Kovalchuk, Stastny + 2nd Rd for AO

2. Lehtonen, Briere + 1st and 3rd RD for Price (could probably pull this off easier for Nabby)

3. Kiprusoff and Thornton for Malkin

This leaves me with:
    C: Spezza
    LW: Ovechkin, Malkin
    RW: Radulov, Hemsky
    D: Phaneuf, Ry. Whitney
    G: Lundqvist, Price (or Nabby)

I would have 1 spot left with Rolston, Ray Whitney, Avery, PMB, Burns and JBo left to play with or keep. Obviously I think this works for me. Do y\'all think these are more likely to be accepted.

Dobber Sports Guru

yes, definitely you\'ve got a chances and they look better for the other guys than the initial deals.