Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why does Ribiero have no trade value?

Dobber Sports Master

Default Why does Ribiero have no trade value?

Glenn99 wrote:
    He\'s not calling him a plug, he is only saying he will be if he drops Brodeur. Just a heads up about how to become a plug.
    Glenn99 its been a while. Anonymous already stated that he is keeping lundy, crosby, phaneuf and kopitar. So that would make him a plug.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Padawan

Crazynuck wrote:
    Glenn99 wrote:
    He\'s not calling him a plug, he is only saying he will be if he drops Brodeur. Just a heads up about how to become a plug.
    Glenn99 its been a while. Anonymous already stated that he is keeping lundy, crosby, phaneuf and kopitar. So that would make him a plug.
    I would suggest that unless he\'s already submitted his keeper list he is simply intending on becoming a plug.

I would also suggest that he called him a plug for his stated intention.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Dobber wrote:
    This is the case. No respect - keep Ribeiro, he\'s the real deal. Also, file away your trade offers and a year from now throw it in their face and laugh haha
    B)
    This happened to my brother with Mueller. Of the people he offered him to no one would touch him and man did he throw it back in there face.
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11

Dobber Sports Ace

Haha relax, im far from a plug, at least because of that reason anyways. Brodeur is already gone, St. Louis too, I just haven\'t updated my roster on this site. I thank you for the vote of confidence though. I got some real good picks for Brodeur and I got Chara, Demitra, Connolly and a high 3rd for St. Louis. I\'ll update now to save my self-confidence any pain in the future.
    12 team roto with 6 keepers, G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG, W SV% SHO
    C-Crosby Spezza Connolly
    L-Smyth Rolston Malone Sullivan
    R-Hemsky Ryan Ryder Backes Fleischmann Cleary
    D-Phaneuf Rafalski Whitney Pitkanen
    G-Lundqvist Bryzgalov Theodore Rinne

Dobber Sports Initiate

Nunezilla wrote:
    Every time Ribiero comes up it makes me think of Savard a couple years ago. Noone in my pool wanted anything to do with him, especially once he left Atlanta. Now he\'s become more of a \"brandname\" but he\'s still underrated / undervalued by many.
    He isnt undervalued in my pool. I traded Savard with Redden in the off season for the following package.

Savard
    Redden

FOR

Gaborik
    Meuller
    Patrice Bergeron (i know it hurts now, but in the off season this was a steal)
    Poti

Now thats value...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

skid.row wrote:
    I agree that it\'s a name thing, but also as Zorro mentioned his persoanlity too. A lot of people i know hate Ribiero for faking that injury a while back in the playoffs against Boston where he drew the penality, but instead he was seen on the bench laughing.
    not only that, lots of people didnt know this because it was a french interview...when they fired claude julien , and bob gainey what the coach for the rest of the season, they interviewed riberio, and he said with his dumb A** smile on his face: now we are going to have to give our 100%...

its hard to translate, but he said that they where going to have to push/play harder because the gm was behing the bench...

he probably matured/grown up tho!!! i hope for him!
    Keeper 9 team, g/a =1pts 20 keeper on 23
    Foward:Alex Ovechkin, Anze Kopitar, Colby Armstrong, Jonathan Toews, Nicklas Backstrom, Jakub Voracek, Nikita Filatov , Jason Arnott, Alexander Radulov , Claude Giroux, Derrick Brassard, Kyle Turris, Mikeal Frolik, Steve Sullivan, JVR, Patrick Osullivan,John Tavares, Matt Duchenes,Pat Berglund
    Defense:Ryan Whitney, Mike Green, Jack Johson,
    , Drew Doughty
    Goalie:Carey Price

Dobber Sports Ninja

Ribiero won\'t get more then 65 points next year and those who traded him away will be sitting in a much better position.

Bank on it!

bwhee

I think it was Shoeless who said this more than once about guys not unlike Ribiero...show me. In the past he\'s seemed like the kind of guy that didn\'t always have the \'team first\' in mind. You have to have heart to be a consistent performer, otherwise you\'ll only perform when you want to and to hell with the rest.

Now, maybe he has grown up. Again, show me. that\'s my opinion on him, for what it\'s worth.

If you\'re sold on Ribiero, how sold are you? How sure are you that no one else in the league is interested? Maybe they see your roster and based on the obvious keepers, believe he\'s an obvious drop. Maybe they like their chances in getting him relatively low in the draft?

On the flipside, if the reason no one will trade for Ribiero is truly for a lack of perceived value, he\'ll likely be there for you when you\'re comfortable drafting him again. If for some reason he\'s not there because someone picked him up first, the perceived lack of name recognition should allow you to trade for him relatively cheap. It\'s a win-win. If others in your league are truly as unaware as it is suggested by some, then let their lack of knowledge (or ignorance, whatever it is) fortify your team next year.