Thread: 12/15/11 - Studs & Duds

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default 12/15/11 - Studs & Duds

Too many studs tonight!

Studs

3) Matt Carle - With the news that Chris Pronger is lost for the season, the Flyers need somebody to step up on the back end, and Matt Carle is doing his best to keep the team on the scoreboard. Carle had three assists and went plus-two tonight, and now has points in four straight games (1G, 6A in that span).

2) I’ll be Bach. - After making his first career start on Saturday versus the Kings, 24-year old Richard Bachman has been incredible keeping Dallas near the top of the Western Conference standings. Tonight he stopped 25 of 27 shots (.926%) and now sits at a perfect 3-0 record in three starts.

1) Shea Weber - What else can you say about this guy, he's a hell of a leader. Weber scored the tying and the game-winning goal all with less than five minutes left in the game (2G, 1PPP, 3SOG, 2Blk, 4Hits) to complete Nashville's come from behind win. Weber now has eight goals on the season and is on pace for a whopping 61 points. $$$$

Honourable Mentions

Best roto numbers of the night - The honour goes to Daniel Winnik who got a Gordie Howe hat-trick in one period! (1G 1A +1 5PIM 3SOG 2Blk 2Hits)

Brian Elliott - The man who refuses to go away, Elliott improved to 13-2-0 on the season with another great start. Only one goal allowed on 27 shots.

Neuvirth vs. Pavelec - Great goaltending duel in Winnipeg that saw Neuvirth and the Capitals win by one goal. Neuvirth stopped all 26 that he faced while Pavelec stopped 27/28.

Duds

3) The Sharks PK - Sporting the second last PK% in the league at 74.4% going into tonight, the Sharks penalty kill lived up to its name as it went 0/2 through the first two periods. The PK finished 1/3 in the game.

2) Kronwall and Stuart - Sharing the honours tonight for going minus-three each and not factoring in at all on the offensive end of the rink. Both defensemen were on the ice for all three of Nashville's even strength goals.

1) Mathieu Groan - Not often will you see a winning goalie get a dud mention, but man has Garon stunk so far this month. The goaltending situation in Tampa Bay is absolutely abysmal. Garon gave up four goals on 27 shots tonight, including two in the third period allowing Calgary to mount a comeback. Brett Clark also deserves a mention here as he went minus-two again after a terrible game against the Devils on Monday.

Dishonourable Mentions

The Price is Wrong, B**** - Tough to pin a loss like that on Carey Price but 21/25 just is not going to cut it.

The C-Word - Two more NHL players were diagnosed with concussions today. Chris Pronger has been shut down for the season while Brian Rolston sustained a concussion in tonight's game.

Quick Hits

Mason Raymond - Filled the void left by Daniel Sedin's injury beautifully (1G,1A). He now has five points in six games (2G 3A).

The return of Taylor Hall - First game in almost three weeks, he scored two powerplay goals against the Coyotes.

Drayson Bowman - Very strong game tonight, he was active on offense all night and scored two goals with eight shots on goal.

Paul Stastny - Two goals and an assist for the struggling centreman.

Dustin Brown – The captain of the Kings broke out of his five game slump with a goal and an assist tonight, leading his team to the 2-1 victory over the Blue Jackets.

Milestones – Congratulations to Louis Leblanc on his first NHL goal and Henrik Sedin for passing 700 points!
    Last edited by bondon; December 16, 2011 at 8:48 AM.

Dobber Sports Giant

Pretty sure Staios also has a concussion, as well. Thought you might want to check that out. Could just be an undiagnosed "head injury" at this point, but I would predict Concussion City. Sadness...
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Giant

love your studs and duds , keep em comming.
    thanks.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Guru

Love these. Also love the new links in the ramblings -- a reminder to check them out!
    Keep 'em coming!
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Veteran

No love for Cam Ward's unlikely victory against the Nucks? He made a couple of 10-bellers in that game.....on the first night my stubborn ass finally benched him, sigh.

Great little article!
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    No love for Cam Ward's unlikely victory against the Nucks? He made a couple of 10-bellers in that game.....on the first night my stubborn ass finally benched him, sigh.

Great little article!
    If Ward was a stud then you would be a dud for benching him.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post

Great little article!
    Haha, yeah Ward was insane last night. I was gonna include him but I thought I had too much from that game already. Told ya, too many studs last night!

He was absolutely dialed in last night though. Carolina needs to play better overall if they want to win on a consistent basis, they're not going to get six powerplays every game.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Weber's a beast. I think he'll be right up there with Yandle, Letang and Karlsson on most people's top 3 lists by end of season.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Enjoyable read and clever wordplay, b0ndon. Good work, sir!
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury