Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: [trade] Kaberle for Spacek

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm a Leaf fan and a Kaberle fan as well. I KNOW he made a lot of defenseman look a lot better then they actually are his entire time in the organization. It is a great risk vs reward scenario.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Everybody back on the Kaberle bandwagon!

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Alright everyone... back on the Kaberle bandwagon!
    There's no bandwagon on my end. Go look at every thread I have responded about Schenn on. I always mention how Kaberle was the one making him look like he knew his ass from his head.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Ace

kaberle looked pretty good today.. but there still were some lazy times in his own end.
    2 assists though and you could see his creativity on the PP!

should i drop quincey for kaberle?
    hmmm lol
    12 Team, One year, Points only - G,A,PPG,SHG, no positional restrictions
    2 points goalie W, 2 points goalie SHO, -.5 goalie loss, start 1 goalie per night
    Hughes, Panarin, Connor, Konecny, Terry, Necas, Gaudreau, Schmaltz, Nichushkin, Zacha
    Makar, Hedman, Andersson, DeAngelo
    Gustavsson, Talbot

Dobber Sports Icon

I was at the game.

Kaberle looked pretty good. Nervous to start, you could tell, but then settled down and the puck movement on the two first PP chances was quite good in large part due to Kaberle's QBing. He has years of experience in that role and you can see it in the little things that in the end are crucial, like handling a clearing attempt against the boards on his backhand and quickly moving it to the forehand and distributing it to an open man. Let's face it, we didn't trade for this guy wanting him to play stellar stay-at-home, he's never been relied upon for that even in his Leafs heyday, he's here to move the puck and to improve the PP, that's it. So far so good.

Here are some notes from the game:

- Emelin undressed by Parise, but also made a nice defensive play shielding the puck from an aggressive forechecker and turning it back up ice.
    - Kaberle nervous but good puck movement on PP, and taking the opportunity to shoot when it presents itself, a really good sign.
    - Cole with nice aggressive entry effectively using his size and speed.
    - Price stellar.
    - Cammy lackadaisical.
    - Fantastic puck movement on 2nd PP - Kaberle master at leeping it in on the boards on his backhand.
    Last edited by ross10019; December 10, 2011 at 6:04 PM.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper