Thread: Potter

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Potter

Hey guys, just wondering where Potter fits back into EDM lineup seeing as he should be coming back soon. Will he jump back to the top PP? Just wondering as I'm looking at options for trade upgrading and wouldn't mind putting Carlson into some of my offers.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Administrator

I would think he gets PP2 while Gilbert/Whitney get top minutes.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I would think he gets PP2 while Gilbert/Whitney get top minutes.
    been watching some oil games and whitney's on 2nd pp now cause they're playing 4 Fs... not sure if that will continue though after Potter comes back but the PP has been clicking

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by delaney8 View Post
    been watching some oil games and whitney's on 2nd pp now cause they're playing 4 Fs... not sure if that will continue though after Potter comes back but the PP has been clicking
    If the current setup is clicking then it will probably be Potter and Whitney on PP2. That's just my take.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think he goes right back to the PP1 and becomes there big Shot from the point (which they are surely lacking at the moment..... along with the 4 forwards (Horcoff/RNH/Eberle/Hall (when he returns)) Gagner is in for Hall at the moment.

Whitney and Gilbert will be on the PP2,

Just my 2 cents.

Dobber Sports Stud

Very doubtful that he would end up on PP1 when he returns and even less likely long-term.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by vandalay View Post
    Very doubtful that he would end up on PP1 when he returns and even less likely long-term.
    I couldnt disagree more. Their PP options are limited from the point especially with a Right shot from the point. The coaching staff love him and what he has brought to the team so far this year. I can see him right back where he left off, PP1 right off the bat, and for the rest of the season assuming he can stay healthy.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Gilbert and Petry are both RH shots, along with Potter. Whitney and Barker are LH shots. They have also used forwards at the point on the PP from time to time.

Gilbert is the mainstay at PP1 right now, his play has been dramatically better this season and I don't see him moving. I also don't see them going with two RH shots by adding Potter, I see Whitney moving into the other spot on PP1 soon if they don't like having a forward there.

Finally, I don't see Potter as a long-term answer. Others will disagree but I think he caught lightning in a bottle and that he is not a PP quarterback long-term. A breakthrough into not only the NHL but into being an NHL PP quarterback at age 27-28 after being an AHL player for so long? It happens, but I certainly wouldn't be betting on it here.