Thread: Considering a 5th defenseman with Green still hurt

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Considering a 5th defenseman with Green still hurt

Jeez, when will Washington put this guy on the IR?

Anyway, I'm thinking about dropping Oshie and carrying a 5th defenseman. Martin may be the guy I go with, given his recent production and promotion to the top PP unit given the injuries on the Penguins' blueline.

Another option is Fowler, who may escape his funk if Boudreau gets the Ducks turned around.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm surprised there are no Paul Martin threads. Does anyone think he will he put up a 50+ point pace while Letang is out?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by kbro View Post
    Jeez, when will Washington put this guy on the IR?

Anyway, I'm thinking about dropping Oshie and carrying a 5th defenseman. Martin may be the guy I go with, given his recent production and promotion to the top PP unit given the injuries on the Penguins' blueline.

Another option is Fowler, who may escape his funk if Boudreau gets the Ducks turned around.

Thoughts?
    Who are the top available d in your league? People are waiting to see whether or not Simon Despres can produce. Martin can be productive, as long as he gets enough ice time.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    Who are the top available d in your league? People are waiting to see whether or not Simon Despres can produce. Martin can be productive, as long as he gets enough ice time.
    I don't think Despres is going to get the top PP minutes though, it seems Martin is the guy there.

Martin, Fowler, Bogosian, Girardi, Gilbert, Leddy are the best available. Not much. Think the ice time is there for Martin while Letang is out? I do. In fact, I think he'll produce near or better than Oshie. As a defenseman, that's not so bad.

Given it's only a temporary measure until I get guys like Green and Hall back into my lineup, I think it could be a good move for the short term.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by kbro View Post
    I don't think Despres is going to get the top PP minutes though, it seems Martin is the guy there.

Martin, Fowler, Bogosian, Girardi, Gilbert, Leddy are the best available. Not much. Think the ice time is there for Martin while Letang is out? I do. In fact, I think he'll produce near or better than Oshie. As a defenseman, that's not so bad.

Given it's only a temporary measure until I get guys like Green and Hall back into my lineup, I think it could be a good move for the short term.
    Yeah, Martin should be a solid option while Letang is out. What about Nick Leddy though? A bit more of a guarantee with him, he's been getting tons of ice time.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    Yeah, Martin should be a solid option while Letang is out. What about Nick Leddy though? A bit more of a guarantee with him, he's been getting tons of ice time.
    Yeah, but he's on waivers, not a FA, so I'd have to burn my waiver priority for him. Furthermore, he's on the #2 PP unit, the first seems to be Keith with 4 forwards.

Thanks for the feedback man.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

McDonagh (sp) could be a sneaky choice, on the #1 D unit with Girardi in NY, and gets PP2 minutes, if I'm not mistaken
    12-team, Keep 3 (2 years max with inflation) Auction Roto, 14-cat (10 skater, 4 goalie). $400 bank for auction.
    F: Kaprizov, Huberdeau, M Tkachuk, B Tkachuk, Connor, Kadri, Debrincat, Kuznetsov, Batherson, Strome, Barbashev, Granlund, Couture
    D: Hamilton, Pietrangelo, Weegar, Karlsson, Chabot
    G: Markstrom, Jarry, Kahkhonen