Thread: Drop Elliott?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Drop Elliott?

I was excited to pick him up a week ago, but with EJ's return his TOI plummeted to about 9 minutes. Disappointing to say the least...

I could use the bench spot for a O'Reilly/Read. Thoughts?

Administrator

No brainer to cut him loose for someone who will actually stick for the full season.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Stud

Go for it, I think he was a stop gap for EJ, unless he was completely lights out. Unfortunately he had a bad turnover last night (see ramblings) and was relegated to the bench. Not great coaching in my opinion, but based on his ice time last night, I think he'll spend more time in Erie. With that, you have two excellent options with (I assume) Ryan O'Reilly and Read. Flip a coin, as both are extremelly hot right now. I guess I'd have to go with O'Reilly, (based on situation (depth)) and the Av's losing another top forward(s) yesterday (Stastny and Mueller).

Administrator

It may be a bit premature to cut him loose though. I would say that it would be safer to monitor his situation and ice time for the next week or so to see what the Avs have in store for him.
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)