Thread: Drop Wisniewski for Fowler or Bieksa?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Drop Wisniewski for Fowler or Bieksa?

Haha, I give up on waiting for Wiz. Even with Carter back, he's still not catching fire the way I hoped.

Should I drop him for Fowler or Bieksa? Any other suggestions?

Semi keeper only, team in sig.

Dobber Sports Ninja

What do you mean you "give up on waiting for Wiz"?

The dude has 12 points in 18 games! If he wasn't suspended for 8 games, that would be a pace of 55 points. What were you hoping for... point per game? Talk about unreasonable demands

To answer your question in a keep 6 I would hold onto the Wiz... he will outpoint Fowler and most definitely Bieksa this year.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    What do you mean you "give up on waiting for Wiz"?

The dude has 12 points in 18 games! If he wasn't suspended for 8 games, that would be a pace of 55 points. What were you hoping for... point per game? Talk about unreasonable demands

To answer your question in a keep 6 I would hold onto the Wiz... he will outpoint Fowler and most definitely Bieksa this year.
    Exactly, he has a very good pace points-wise ... The plus/minus side of things isn't good, but you probably knew that the "Wiz + CLB" equation wouldn't give you +20.

In fact, for CLB it can't really get worse than that. Let's say the 55 pts pace is the worst that can happen to the Wiz this year, would you hold on to him?? I would in a heartbeat. He caught fire a couple of times last year and with Nash and Carter on the PP... it is only a matter of time.
    14 teams Dynasty (keep 10)
    Points-only, Goalies 2W +1SO

F (12) = Kopitar, Tavares, Benn, Schwartz, Hornqvist, Thornton, Kreider, Nyquist, Perreault, Maroon, Lee, Dzingel
    D (4) = Burns, Klingberg, Carlson, Niskanen, Severson
    G (1) = Holtby, Grubauer

Dobber Sports Ace

Hahaha my bad, in my infinite wisdom I overlooked the fact that he was suspended. What a terrible thread I've made.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kbro View Post
    Hahaha my bad, in my infinite wisdom I overlooked the fact that he was suspended. What a terrible thread I've made.
    kbro,

In a keeper league you should try to get your mitts on Fowler. Not sure if I would drop Wiz to do it, but it's something you should explore. Forget about Bieksa though - you want no parts of him.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    kbro,

In a keeper league you should try to get your mitts on Fowler. Not sure if I would drop Wiz to do it, but it's something you should explore. Forget about Bieksa though - you want no parts of him.
    He's in a keep 6... neither of them will remain, in which case Wiz > Fowler.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    He's in a keep 6... neither of them will remain, in which case Wiz > Fowler.
    Good point blayze - this is pretty much a "this year only" scenario. As an aside, kbro is going to have a tough time just keeping 6 with some of those players. Glad I don't have to make those decisions lol.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka