Thread: Luongo

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Luongo

Any chance of Schneider taking over the starting goalie duties over Luongo permanently this year?
    12 Team, CBS H2H league, compete each week in these categories (G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM) (Goalies - 0.2 per save, 3pts SO, 5pts W)

F - Datsyuk, Plekanec, Jagar, Ovechkin, Kadri, Gagner, Van Reimsdyk, M. Koivu
    D - Chara, Spurgeon, Green, Schultz, Kronwall
    G - Rask, Fleury, Bishop

Dobber Sports Ninja

Not gonna say its impossible but lets just say its extremely unlikely.

Schneider is continuing to play because his performance is forcing it. The Canucks are still Luongo's team.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

But what do the Canucks do come trade deadline time if either Schneider still has the edge or Luongo isn't providing the consistency that provides some comfort heading into the post-season? Come July 1, Schneider is an RFA and it's a lock that there are going to be some offers from around the league. I can't see Vancouver matching an offer sheet with the Sedins and Lou taking up so much cap space. They either need to:

1. Deal Lou - by far the least probable, but may be the more desired outcome both short and long term.
    2. Deal Schneider - more likely, but can they afford to let him go?
    3. Keep Schneider until the summer - shaping up to be the most likely, and probably the most beneficial short-term, but risk losing him with no compensation

No easy answers.
    NHL 12 Team Full Keeper, Roto
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - Crosby,Getzlaf,Granlund
    LW - Pacioretty,E.Kane,Hartnell
    RW - Backes,Simmonds,SamGagne
    D - Letang,Byfuglien,Subban,Hamilton
    G - Lundqvist,Fleury,Schneider,Bryz
    IR - Kovy

MLB 9 Team Full Keeper, Roto
    R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, AVG, W, L, SV, BB, K, ERA

C - C.Santana
    1B - Ortiz
    2B - Kinsler
    3B - Alvarez
    SS - Andrus
    OF - Trout,McCutchen,Kemp
    Util - Myers,Butler
    BN - Profar,Freese,Gyorko,Brantley
    SP - Price,Gio,Moore,Harvey,Miller,H.Bailey
    RP - Chapman,Frieri,K.Jansen
    DL - Beachy,Pineda

Dobber Sports All-Star

Short answer, doubtful.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by norrisdivision View Post
    But what do the Canucks do come trade deadline time if either Schneider still has the edge or Luongo isn't providing the consistency that provides some comfort heading into the post-season? Come July 1, Schneider is an RFA and it's a lock that there are going to be some offers from around the league. I can't see Vancouver matching an offer sheet with the Sedins and Lou taking up so much cap space. They either need to:

1. Deal Lou - by far the least probable, but may be the more desired outcome both short and long term.
    2. Deal Schneider - more likely, but can they afford to let him go?
    3. Keep Schneider until the summer - shaping up to be the most likely, and probably the most beneficial short-term, but risk losing him with no compensation

No easy answers.
    Vancouver isn't going to risk losing him for nothing. He's a RFA which leaves the Canucks with the upper hand.

A team can send an offer sheet but it's likely going to cost them quite a bit to snag Schneider via offer sheet.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    A team can send an offer sheet but it's likely going to cost them quite a bit to snag Schneider via offer sheet.
    I'm sure there will be some willing to pay. The guy is shaping into a stud in just his second year in the league as a backup no less. What will the Canucks be willing to match? And do they really want a goalie controversy going forward? As long as both Lou and Schneider are in town there is going to be one it would appear.
    NHL 12 Team Full Keeper, Roto
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - Crosby,Getzlaf,Granlund
    LW - Pacioretty,E.Kane,Hartnell
    RW - Backes,Simmonds,SamGagne
    D - Letang,Byfuglien,Subban,Hamilton
    G - Lundqvist,Fleury,Schneider,Bryz
    IR - Kovy

MLB 9 Team Full Keeper, Roto
    R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, AVG, W, L, SV, BB, K, ERA

C - C.Santana
    1B - Ortiz
    2B - Kinsler
    3B - Alvarez
    SS - Andrus
    OF - Trout,McCutchen,Kemp
    Util - Myers,Butler
    BN - Profar,Freese,Gyorko,Brantley
    SP - Price,Gio,Moore,Harvey,Miller,H.Bailey
    RP - Chapman,Frieri,K.Jansen
    DL - Beachy,Pineda

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by norrisdivision View Post
    I'm sure there will be some willing to pay. The guy is shaping into a stud in just his second year in the league as a backup no less. What will the Canucks be willing to match? And do they really want a goalie controversy going forward? As long as both Lou and Schneider are in town there is going to be one it would appear.
    My point is, if someone does throw an offer to Schneider and Canucks don't match then they it will be because the offer is too $$$$ which means that they Canucks would receive a bunch of outstanding draft picks for him.

Either way, the Canucks aren't going to lose Scheider for nothing thats for sure.

In the end, I see Tampa Bay sending a pretty solid package to Vancouver for Schneider. The trade would work for many reason (out of conference)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I thought Luongo turned a corner in semi-leading Team Canada to an Olympic Gold last year. The playoffs though are a different beast. He has shown psyche cracks that have permeated through to the entire team. Goaltending is, and has always been, about confidence and he's lacking it big time. Some call it a slump but I'm slowly leaning towards a fallen star. I'm no goalie coach but I find many holes in his game and style.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Eddie Lack is waiting in the wings. But as previously stated, Vancouver will not let Schneider go for mothing. I'm sure get their $ worth.

He sure looks good, though. Talk about increasing your stock. If a team came at Vancouver with the full-court press, what type of player would Vancouver be looking to add? And which team(s) could you see being a match that is in need of a #1 G?
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Vancouver has such a good team that it'll be interesting to see if they can get full value for one of their goaltenders. Will NHL GM's make the rich richer with an offer deserving of Schneider or will GM's be hesitant to throw their best offer at him in hopes of getting Schneider cheaper than they should.

Food for thought

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Vancouver has such a good team that it'll be interesting to see if they can get full value for one of their goaltenders. Will NHL GM's make the rich richer with an offer deserving of Schneider or will GM's be hesitant to throw their best offer at him in hopes of getting Schneider cheaper than they should.

Food for thought

Filatov's curse! Rossy Youngblood mentions the need for CS to give up a goal and he does, a shorty at that.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury