Thread: to many goalies who do I trade? Ward or Enroth

Dobber Sports Pro

Default to many goalies who do I trade? Ward or Enroth

I am in a max game pool where we have 164 games. I have used 54 already and I am holding on to Quick Elliott and Halak. This leaves ward and Enronth. I know ward will play more but I dont really need all the games as I should fill them fine. Thinking of gaa sv% winning % and So who do I keep or trade.

Being a 8 team pool most guys are set in nets and best offers include

Tanguy for Ward
    Kregci and a 8th rd pick for Ward
    Kregci and a 13th rd pick for Enroth and a 10th
    Cammallri for Ward
    Tom Gilbert for Ward

I know there not great offers but like I said in a 8 team start 2 goalie pools there not alot of needs for my guys.

Thoughts?
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Giant

Giving up Ward for that pittance would not benefit your team imo. Your best bet would probably be to find Miller's owner and see if the Enroth handcuff might help him out right now. My guess is that you could probably get more value from Enroth w/ Miller's owner than you would with Ward on the open market. Plus, with Ward's current value you aren't going to get anything close to a fair offer.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Ninja

Whatever you do, don't trade Ward for that garbage.

In a league as small as 8 teams with 2 goalie starts I highly doubt you'll get any value for Enroth to be honest. You can try to shop him to the Miller owner as mound suggests, but sometimes rather than trying to extract value from marginal players, it's best to save yourself the time and just drop them so you can focus your attention on other things that will yield greater benefit.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Giving up Ward for that pittance would not benefit your team imo. Your best bet would probably be to find Miller's owner and see if the Enroth handcuff might help him out right now. My guess is that you could probably get more value from Enroth w/ Miller's owner than you would with Ward on the open market. Plus, with Ward's current value you aren't going to get anything close to a fair offer.
    I like this advice. When you're rich in goalies, and the league is too, handcuffs can work. (You already know this with your Elliott/Halak situation.)

Dobber Sports Pro

Taking david kricgi for enronth is from the miller owner which would be batter then any forward on waivers. Can ward match enronth Gaa and sv %
    Last edited by Savages; November 28, 2011 at 9:44 PM.
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

why are people so high on ward anyways? doesnt he have a career svpct of 908? and a gaa of 2.76? doesnt their defence suck??? is ward going to be traded to a good team or something?
    (roto-g,a,+/-,hits,shp,ppa,ppg,wins,gaa,svpct,so)

centers
    e staal, backstrom, stepan

wingers
    seguin, msl, Callahan, Neal
    defense
    chara, MDZ, Markov,

goalie
    Rinne, Rask

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by ovy8kanobe View Post
    why are people so high on ward anyways? doesnt he have a career svpct of 908? and a gaa of 2.76? doesnt their defence suck??? is ward going to be traded to a good team or something?
    His first two years in the league really drag down his SV% - in the last 3 seasons it has been very good. He gets a lot of starts so that can be attractive in some leagues. He has a fairly good win record as well even with his punky GAA. Yeah the Canes suck, but Ward is a very good goalie.

Elliott and Enroth are backups so moving Ward doesn't make a lot of sense.

I would let Enroth go straightup for Krejci if you can convince the guy to do that - but see how today's game goes - if he gets a good win over the Isles then he might be softer to a straightup deal.