Thread: Voracek vs Havlat

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Voracek vs Havlat

I need to move one of my Flyer forwards. I have been trying to trade Voracek for about a week with no success. Recently an owner put Havlat on the market and I decided that is the player I'm going to target. I understand that Havlat has more value. I just can't seem to figure out if it is a little or a lot. I think the difference is pretty small thus I wouldn't need to add much to the deal to get it done. Am I wrong? Can you please give me your evaluations of these players over the next few years.

Please note there both signed to cap friendly contracts over the next 3 years with options to extend and that the owner I'm dealing with is very knowledgeable.

Thank you anyone who replies....
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Giant

I'm kind of in the same boat with you, as I'm not sure how the pretty substantial age difference will affect their production over the next few seasons. I do know right now for this season, and probably next unless I see a lot more, I would prefer Havlat even with his injury issues. When in the lineup, Havlat can push a PPG pace, so whethere he's in the lineup is pretty much the big issue here.

My advice for you would be to just offer the deal straight up, and see how the other manager reacts. It's possible that he doesn't want to mess around with Havlat's injury risk and take the young, touted forward playing on a high-powered offense in Philly. At the very least, you will have an accurate idea of what Voracek's value might be once he counters with something, if he doesn't take the deal that is...

Cheers.

P.S. Going back to Gambit was a solid choice.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Sage

Thanks I had Crosby last night only. Special occasion and all.

Great advice to...

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think Voracek is 3rd line material in Philly. There I said it.

Havlat this year, IMO. But in future years, the age gap will show.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Havlat has more perceived value because of who he plays with, however I think his role has diminished with the emergence of the younger players in SJ. I think they are both pretty close and they both play secondary scoring roles in the shadows of others. Havlat should have more value cause he should be a 1st line player. If you want to trade Voracek for Havlat, just don't over pay by too much. I would still look to trade either one of them out if possible.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Thanks I had Crosby last night only. Special occasion and all.

Great advice to...
    I think I've decided to switch my avatar for the holiday season... We'll see how it goes over. Nevermind, can't find a good picture of it...
    Last edited by mounD; November 23, 2011 at 2:15 AM.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    Havlat has more perceived value because of who he plays with, however I think his role has diminished with the emergence of the younger players in SJ. I think they are both pretty close and they both play secondary scoring roles in the shadows of others. Havlat should have more value cause he should be a 1st line player. If you want to trade Voracek for Havlat, just don't over pay by too much. I would still look to trade either one of them out if possible.
    Thanks, I probably wouldn't even go after the deal, but I need to move Voracek and the market for him is just not huge. When you take into the equation contracts and I would like it to be a player on a team I don't have a forward on already.... My hands are a little tied..
    Last edited by bigbabybuda; November 23, 2011 at 2:23 AM.

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

For me the gap is a little too big right now for him to accept that kind of trade. Havlat is still a very good player, while Voracek, everyone is still waiting to bust out. I'd say in about 2-3 years that gap will tighten. So either you should target another player like Kulemin or Marchand.
    H2H 12 Team/12 Keeper League. Cats: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS, BS, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SO, Saves

C - Crosby, Malkin, Backstrom
    LW - Gaudreau, Parise, E. Kane, Jenner (C), Panik (RW)
    RW - MacKinnon (C), Ehlers (LW), Komorov (C), Shaw (C), Vrbata
    D - Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Subban, Gostisbehere, Gudas, Klefbom
    G- Holtby, Bishop, Hellebuyck, Vasilevskiy

Farm - Aho, Eriksson-Ek, Schmaltz, Kaprisov, Theodore, Zaietsev, Sorokin, Stolarz

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by jsender View Post
    For me the gap is a little too big right now for him to accept that kind of trade. Havlat is still a very good player, while Voracek, everyone is still waiting to bust out. I'd say in about 2-3 years that gap will tighten. So either you should target another player like Kulemin or Marchand.
    Kulimen would be even harder for me to get. He is very highly regard in my circle. Add to that the factor that his owner is a Leaf fan and I can't see me getting him, but Marchand could defiantly be a possibility. Thank you very much I will look into that as well.

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Sage

Well I just completed the trade. Voracek and Da Costa for Havlat. Hope I didn't pay to much but as I said I kind of had to move him.. Thanks for the help...

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Stud

Havlat is currently on the third line it's pretty upsetting, he's been there for the last 5 games or so.
    [SIZE=1][I] 10 Team H2H Roto (Start 3C,3LW,3RW,5D,4Bench,2G in bold)
    C: Kopitar, Getzlaf, Haula
    LW: Vrana, Svechnikov, Bertuzzi
    RW: Brown, Kase, Rakell
    D: Burns, Giordano, Hedman, Gustafsson, Josi
    G: Vasilevskiy, Rittich
    "Bench":
    IR: Malkin

Dobber Sports Sage

Don't fret yet. I can't see Torry Mittchel staying on the 2nd line forever.

grammar Nazi
    Noun