Thread: Parise vs Kesler

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Parise vs Kesler

Both are struggling per say this season. Going forward, who would you rather have in a keeper format? I am currently a Kesler owner and wondering if you were a Parise owner, would you deal him one for one for Kesler? I am a little weak on the wing (not much but can always use an upgrade) and have depth at C (i own Crosby, H Sedin and Kesler as my top 3 C) and am tempted to try and acquire Parise with Kesler.

Stat Categories:
    Forwards/Defensemen:
    1. Goals
    2. Assists
    3. Hits
    4. Plus/Minus
    5. Penalty Minutes
    6. Powerplay Points
    7. Short-handed Points
    8. Blocked Shots
    9. Shots on Goal
    10. Faceoff Wins

Thats the stat setup via ESPN for my keeper league.

So if you were a Parise owner, would you trade him for Kesler one for one? Why or why not?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

tough question.... as a parise owner prob not, mostly because i am always against selling low on guys and i feel like selling parise now would be a bad move. Nothing against Kessler i just have moving players when they are undervalued.
    14 team, keep 6 points only (extra point for ppp). no position req.

Malkin, Tavares, Benn, Seguin, Hudler, Little, Barkov, fisher,Backes

Keith , Kronwall, Green , letang, Edler

Quick, Crawford

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If it were me I would try and move H. Sedin and keep Kesler. Kesler will be a beast in a multi-cat league like yours.
    12 Team H2H Points 1 Year League
    Positions: 2C, 2RW, 2 LW, 4 D, 2 Util, 2 G, 4 Bench
    PLAYER: G 6, A 4, (+/-) 2. PPP 2, SOG .9, Blk 1
    GOALIE: W 5, GA -3, SV .6, SO 5

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Both are struggling per say this season. Going forward, who would you rather have in a keeper format? I am currently a Kesler owner and wondering if you were a Parise owner, would you deal him one for one for Kesler? I am a little weak on the wing (not much but can always use an upgrade) and have depth at C (i own Crosby, H Sedin and Kesler as my top 3 C) and am tempted to try and acquire Parise with Kesler.

Stat Categories:
    Forwards/Defensemen:
    1. Goals
    2. Assists
    3. Hits
    4. Plus/Minus
    5. Penalty Minutes
    6. Powerplay Points
    7. Short-handed Points
    8. Blocked Shots
    9. Shots on Goal
    10. Faceoff Wins

Thats the stat setup via ESPN for my keeper league.

So if you were a Parise owner, would you trade him for Kesler one for one? Why or why not?
    I would much rather have Parise than Kesler, in any setting, multi-cat or otherwise. He's fringe top 10F in the league, heart of not a Lion, but at least a Tiger (maybe a Liger or a Tion if i'm being generous), and 95 point upside, very solid skill-set across the board, LW vs. C which are much harder to come by. Much rather have Parise no doubt.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I wouldn't move Kesler with those categories either. Those set up really well for him and he can offer something in almost all of them.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Amato View Post
    I woudn't move Kesler with those categories either. Those set up really well for him and he can offer something in almost all of them.
    I agree with you here, thats why I am thinking I may be able to snag Parise with him. Both are having crap years (kesler started off with an injury and thats why he is slow out of the gate) but Parise can be a monster too.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I agree with you here, thats why I am thinking I may be able to snag Parise with him. Both are having crap years (kesler started off with an injury and thats why he is slow out of the gate) but Parise can be a monster too.
    Kesler is great, but he should only be counted on for low 30'sG-low70's value and Parise is high30'sG high 70's/low 80's value with 95 point upside. There is too big of a gap between the two points-wise to warrant not swapping Kesler for Parise if that is on the table and you probably will never have another chance to buy-low on Parise ever again. Get it done guy.

Dobber Sports Deity

I offered him one for one, my Kesler for his Parise, and got declined. It was worth a shot.

Dobber Sports Sage

To bad bro! I didn't get to see this before now but Parise was the better choice in my estimations, Would have been nice to get him...
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by MT319 View Post
    I would much rather have Parise than Kesler, in any setting, multi-cat or otherwise. He's fringe top 10F in the league, heart of not a Lion, but at least a Tiger (maybe a Liger or a Tion if i'm being generous), and 95 point upside, very solid skill-set across the board, LW vs. C which are much harder to come by. Much rather have Parise no doubt.
    That was effing hilarious.

Agree with this...I understand the lure of having Kesler because of his value in these types of leagues, but if I were drafting, I'd take Parise over Kesler.

Name value means a lot and peripherals are often ignored when these types of deals are proposed, which you saw as he declined the deal.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Parise VS Kesler

I think in this case you would have to ante up more than just Kesler for Parise. Parise for sure would be an awesome pick up but I think whoever holds him will want more and that might be a step backward.