Thread: Losing Sleep! Any Suggestions?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Losing Sleep! Any Suggestions?

First year ever playing FHL and started the season 4-0 (with the team in Signature.) Just like all of you; I have some guys that are over performing and just as many that are causing hair loss. Well, now week 5 was a loss!!! I made some bad decisions... Anyway I've recently parted ways with Cam Ward for Enroth and dumped Stewart for Hejduk.

I just have a couple possibilities that I'd like some insight or suggestions.

1. I've been offered Ovi for Benn/Parise. Benn has been on a tear, but I highly doubt he can maintain and Parise well, hard to guess. Ovi hasn't been any better, his upside is just so attractive.

2. I've also been offered Selanne for Nash. Columbus is miserably bad!

3. Another manager mentioned he'd trade me Seguin for Parise. Is Seguin going to be the breakout of all players this year?

4. I've got Zajac on IR currently. Goligoski is currently on FA and I'm thinking I should waste one of my 4 weekly transactions to pick him up and stash him on IR until healthy? Leddy is only a temporary as I picked him up to take White's spot while injured. In a PPP heavily weighted league is White more valuable then Goligoski anyway?

5. Stephen Weiss is dangling out there in Free agency... The other best FA players available are Bergeron (c), Cammaleri (LW), Williams, Stewart & Vrbata (RW), Robidas (D)....also Smith, Hanzal, Horton, Ott, Eberle, etc...

Any valuable insights will get repped! Thanks and may your teams win every game the rest of the season!
    League: 10Team - H2H Points- 1 year
    Stat Cats: F/D- G3, A2, +/-1, PIM.5, PPG3, PPA2, HIT.2, BLK.2
    G: W3, GA-1, SV.2, SHO2

Starters: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN, 1IR

Roster:
    Forwards:
    Plekanec (C) - Weiss (C)
    Ovechkin(LW) - Parise(LW) - Fillpula (C/LW) -
    Carter (C/RW) - Malkin (C/RW), - Backes (C/RW), Seguin (C/RW)
    Zajac (C) IR

Defense:
    Phaneuf, Edler, Burns, Salo, McDonagh
    G: Fleury & Thomas

Dobber Sports Initiate

Ovie for Benn... I'm trying to figure out what the catch might be, it looks like a no-brainer. Ok, Ovie is off to a slower start than Benn, but Ovie's worst season is 85pts. Also, I'm suspecting that Ovechkin is a 2nd half guy, finishes stronger than he starts.

Selanne for Nash, I would pass. Selanne is sort of a sell high at this point, no telling if hs health will hold all season long. By getting Nash, the other guy would be buying low. Nash's value is currently at it's lowest and the only way his production can go is up. Carter is back, which should help some. Also, Columbus seems to be pretty active trying to get a few trades done, so they'll tweek a bit. Another point: speculation has begun that Nash might want to request a trade. On this point, definitely, be patient and keep Nash (IMO).

My 2 cents
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Guru

Double posted formsome reason
    Last edited by wendelclark17; November 16, 2011 at 6:55 PM.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by walleyeinc View Post
    First year ever playing FHL and started the season 4-0 (with the team in Signature.) Just like all of you; I have some guys that are over performing and just as many that are causing hair loss. Well, now week 5 was a loss!!! I made some bad decisions... Anyway I've recently parted ways with Cam Ward for Enroth and dumped Stewart for Hejduk.

I just have a couple possibilities that I'd like some insight or suggestions.

1. I've been offered Ovi for Benn/Parise. Benn has been on a tear, but I highly doubt he can maintain and Parise well, hard to guess. Ovi hasn't been any better, his upside is just so attractive.

2. I've also been offered Selanne for Nash. Columbus is miserably bad!

3. Another manager mentioned he'd trade me Seguin for Parise. Is Seguin going to be the breakout of all players this year?

4. I've got Zajac on IR currently. Goligoski is currently on FA and I'm thinking I should waste one of my 4 weekly transactions to pick him up and stash him on IR until healthy? Leddy is only a temporary as I picked him up to take White's spot while injured. In a PPP heavily weighted league is White more valuable then Goligoski anyway?

5. Stephen Weiss is dangling out there in Free agency... The other best FA players available are Bergeron (c), Cammaleri (LW), Williams, Stewart & Vrbata (RW), Robidas (D)....also Smith, Hanzal, Horton, Ott, Eberle, etc...

Any valuable insights will get repped! Thanks and may your teams win every game the rest of the season!
    1) if the deal is either Benny OR Parise for Ovechkin than pull the trigger. Wit hits counting and the G and PPP value Ovechkin is very valuable.
    2) wait and see how Nash and Carter gel and then revisit this but Selanne hasn't exactly been tearing it up either.
    3) Even if Seguin is break out of all players i dont thin it will be more than Parise puts up and he's less of a sure thing (Seguins shooting percentage is also very high right now)
    4) it means losing Zajac and he gets blks and hits so I would just wait it out for a bit, not really sure of the top of my head how many blks and hits Goligoski gets though.
    5) With the goal weighting i think Hedjuk is more valuable than Weiss, what about Steen? I'd have to look up stats but Weiss could be a good replacement for him. That Florida line is on fire lately

Dobber Sports Novice

I'd have to give both Benn and Parise to acquire Ovi. Seems to be too much?

Also our league is goofy in that goals =3 and Assts =2 however power play goals and assists are doubled. Therefore it's crucial to have PP1 time/scorers.

Any FA players catch anyone's eye?
    League: 10Team - H2H Points- 1 year
    Stat Cats: F/D- G3, A2, +/-1, PIM.5, PPG3, PPA2, HIT.2, BLK.2
    G: W3, GA-1, SV.2, SHO2

Starters: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN, 1IR

Roster:
    Forwards:
    Plekanec (C) - Weiss (C)
    Ovechkin(LW) - Parise(LW) - Fillpula (C/LW) -
    Carter (C/RW) - Malkin (C/RW), - Backes (C/RW), Seguin (C/RW)
    Zajac (C) IR

Defense:
    Phaneuf, Edler, Burns, Salo, McDonagh
    G: Fleury & Thomas