Thread: Okposo? White towel time?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Okposo? White towel time?

I've had Okposo for three years now is it time to throw in the towel?
    Since the 09-10 season of
    gm g a p +- pim hits bks ppg gwg sog
    80 19 33 52 -22 34 62 44 4 4 249
    next two years combind

52 5 18 23 -4 46 36 20 0 2 97

Any thoughts??

Dobber Sports Stud

I got no answer. I am asking the same question. So much talent but it isn't showing up!
    Two Stroke Hockey League - Points only, full keeper
    Capwise Full Keeper H2H Roto Leagues: East Coast Fantasy League,
    Icey Cups Fantasy Hockey League - H2H Points, Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I know the whole second line has been awfull so that's why I've been holding on to him. Thinking they will snap out of it but......
    I could use the extra cap space to pick someone else up...
    just afraid it will back fire on me...

Banned

okposo isn't even on the second line anymore.... line 3 and sinking. wonder what effect nino will have on the lines...

Dobber Sports Master

Unreal. Didn't figure him to be a bust but injuries can derail even the best of them, especially when coupled with new players on the depth chart that can take his place and produce...a la Parenteau and company.....

I'd be surprised, given his work ethic, if he didn't work himself out of this. But as tGr said, his opportunity to do so is shrinking fast. Give him the rest of the year and if he doesn't improve by next year's beginning of season, cut bait and least then you'll know more from him and what the Isles plans are for him too. That is, if you can afford that kind of patience. I have a deep roster league, so I can for now....
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Sage

This is exactly what I expected from Okposo. He is a third line type of player and once superior offensively talented guys come up i.e Strome and Nino that is were he will be for good.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Eric Fehr is available in my league I'm thinking of droping Okposo for him.
    Any thoughts?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    This is exactly what I expected from Okposo. He is a third line type of player and once superior offensively talented guys come up i.e Strome and Nino that is were he will be for good.
    he sure wasn't drafted to be a third liner.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by tGr View Post
    he sure wasn't drafted to be a third liner.
    No your absolutely right, but now 6 years later he is what he is.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I gave up on Okposo last season, I kept watching him play, and more and more I began to realize to that I've been waiting for him to take another step forward because that's what I'd kept reading was expected of him, ...but what I kept seeing was a guy who had come into the league with great promise, but never progressed, and was being passed in both potential and production by some other players both on my fantasy roster, and within the Islanders organization.

I've kept an eye, purely because I had held onto him, ...but I've seen nothing that makes me regret moving on, ...I see a nice third liner, who might have the potential to develop into a mediocre second liner, ...but that potential is based entirely on past projections for him. I haven't even seen flashes of it on the ice for about two and half years.
    CBS 8 team keeper(5-8) - Points only

C: Tavares, Duchesne, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins
    LW: Parise, Benn, Neal
    RW: Kessel, Giroux, Stewart
    D: Green,Karlson, Carlson, Whitney, Edler, White
    G: Rinne, Lundqvist
    2LW,2C,2RW,4D,1G pts.= G=2, PPG=3, SH=5, A=1, W=3, S=.2, GA=-1, SO=4,

(Tired of watching today's trophys pass you buy? Waiting for a tomorrow that may never come? Why not win NOW? ...Ask about our "Pre-owned vets for prospects" program, and start winning TODAY!)