Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kabanov

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by tiantonio View Post
    What headache? You mean his junior team being over the foreigners limit so he had to find a home and was traded to a NEW junior team?

If you doubt the talent he has, just ignore him. You will sleep better at night.
    Why would anyone be referring to him moving Junior teams when talking about the headaches involved in owning a player like him? There are many legit reasons to be worried about Kabanov and what junior team he plays for should have nothing to do with it.

When you say talent do you mean like Filatov or more like Radulov

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    Why would anyone be referring to him moving Junior teams when talking about the headaches involved in owning a player like him? There are many legit reasons to be worried about Kabanov and what junior team he plays for should have nothing to do with it.

When you say talent do you mean like Filatov or more like Radulov
    I havent read word one about Kabanov's PLAY in a very long time and his late run last season seemed to show glimpses of why he was such a highly rated prospect. Even negative comments about his attitude and maturity have been hard to find. The cool roller hockey incident with the facebook fans also showed a side of him that can endear himself to fans.

Filatov has been ALL HYPE so far and I hope he can put up numbers with the Sens when they call him back up.

Radulov has ELITE talent. He is only NOT in the nhl because of his entry level contract dispute. He has been putting up great numbers in the KHL and I look forward to his eventual return to the NHL at some point. I sure dont think he peaked at 26g and 58pts.
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider

Dobber Sports Stud

Filatov has been ALL HYPE so far and I hope he can put up numbers with the Sens when they call him back up.

Radulov has ELITE talent. He is only NOT in the nhl because of his entry level contract dispute. He has been putting up great numbers in the KHL and I look forward to his eventual return to the NHL at some point. I sure dont think he peaked at 26g and 58pts.
    Filatov has been all hype but Kabanov has shown he's not? The kid didn't even come close to putting up PPG stats in the Q!! At least Filatov has an NHL hat-trick in his back pocket. The fact that Kabanov managed to string together a solid playoff run is interesting but far from convincing. Why did it take so long for him to get his act together?

I think you missed my point though, what I was getting at was that he's an offensively skilled Russian who has shown attitude problems in the past and Filatov and Radulov were used to illustrate that point. Seriously, guys like this are a HUGE gamble as evidenced by the NHL's reluctance to waste high draft picks on them in recent years. I understand why poolies salivate over the dazzling moves but the frustration factor can be very high and people should know this going in. Take it from me, I'm the proud owner of Filatov and Radulov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

to the OP.....gotta go with Nyquist, Monahan or Aberg. Nyquist much closer to NHL of course. Otherwise Zucker, Coyle, Tatar-in no order. Armia has been off to a very bad start, tho so has his entire team. would still take him over Pulkinnen or the rest you mentioned(Howse, Stone(Michael?))

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Some of the Swedish prospects like P.Aberg, N.Sorenssen, and S.Collberg are looking really good.
    Dynasty League

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV, SO, SV%

C- A.Matthews, J.Eichel, N.Hischier, C.Dvorak
    LW- N.Ehlers, A.Galchenyuk, J.Schwartz, J.Vesey, R.Fabbri
    RW - N.Niederrieter, A.Duclair, M.Hoffman, C.Coyle
    D - I.Provorov, M.Sergachev, M.Dumba, T.Barrie, R.Ellis, C.Ceci, D.Pouliot
    G- B.Bishop, S.Varlamov, J.Sarros
    Prospects- D.Sprong, J.Gillies, T.Jarry, T.Liljegren, F.Chytil, L.Soderstrom

Dobber Sports Sophomore

What's the league structure? Has Hunter Shinkaruk been taking? Seth Jones?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He's now playing in Shawinigan and he has 5 points in 4 games.

Dobber Sports Pro

Nice. Two goals last game against one of the leagues top scorers and 2012 top prospect Mikhail Grigorenko in a big divisional game. I look forward to seeing how this season progresses for Kabanov.
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider

Dobber Sports Guru

Nice. Two goals last game against one of the leagues top scorers and 2012 top prospect Mikhail Grigorenko in a big divisional game. I look forward to seeing how this season progresses for Kabanov.
    cool. imo it would do him a lot of good to shoot more. he's a lot like alex tanguay - great shot, but neurotic addiction to the pass.

Dobber Sports Ace

it will be interesting to see how this kid does this year. i think we could really see his value shoot through the roof. i know he is available in a couple of my leagues and he could turn out to be a great gamble pick. i hate having those russians though.
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Dobber Sports Novice

2 Goals and 2 Assists for 4 Points out the 7 for the team in his last game.

Looks like he is starting to get going.

6 Games - 5 Goals 5 Assists for 10 points, +9 with 4 PIM