Thread: Maxwell & Zador

The King of Diatribes

Default Maxwell & Zador

Brandon Maxwell, a quality Avs prospect for the last two years, is not being retained by the Avalanche.

WHAT THE **** ELSE IS NEW. THIS IS WHY AVS GOALIE PROSPECTS ARE RANKED LOWER THAN THEY SHOULD BE. Because they simply rot below. Calvin Pickard is the only saving grace (no pun intended) with the organization as far as goalie depth is concerned. Don't put any stock in Millan, Patterson or Cann, unless Cann gets a job with Lake Erie. That's the biggest step that he must take.

Michael Zador doesn't look to be coming to an agreement with the Lightning either.

The deadline is today, so I might hear of a few other low-level prospects being released or signing deals.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

You are right on with the Avs netminders overall. Just wondering your take on Aittokallio?
    ZFHL Stanley Cup Champ 2014

P Sharp - N Backstrom - P Marleau
    D Perron - A Tanguay - M Hossa
    J Williams - C Soderberg - J Abdelkader
    K Clifford - B Pirri - R Clune

D Keith - J Schultz
    B Dillon - S Salo
    V Bartley - R Ellis

C Price

C Adams, M Latta, K Ramo

Farm: Nylander, Goldobin, Anton Karlsson, S Griffith, M Hrivlik, J Marchessault, S Wilson, T Blugers, B Hart, K, Agostino, S Elliott, C Ruhwedel, J Klingberg, A Sergeev, H Tommernes, S Brittain, ...

30 team salary cap with 30 NHL roster & 30 prospects plus unsigned prospects = ZFHL also (DTDL and Scfhl2)

The King of Diatribes

Absolutely outstanding goalie who is just scratching the surface of his potential. He's big, he's lanky, he's quick, he's smart.

That being said, if he was on any other team besides Colorado, he'd be ranked higher. It's really tough to predict his future potential since he's still so young and raw-skilled. But I don't have the highest hopes (NHL starter) until the Avs show me signs they value his upside.

No Prospects Training Camp last year was a big blow. If they don't have one again this summer, don't expect miracles, because that's what it would take for the Avs to develop him correctly.

It is ironic that I am such a huge goalie enthusiast and live in the city where goalies are as forgotten as Parris Duffus.

Thanks, Appreciate your take on him. Your the Best.
    ZFHL Stanley Cup Champ 2014

P Sharp - N Backstrom - P Marleau
    D Perron - A Tanguay - M Hossa
    J Williams - C Soderberg - J Abdelkader
    K Clifford - B Pirri - R Clune

D Keith - J Schultz
    B Dillon - S Salo
    V Bartley - R Ellis

C Price

C Adams, M Latta, K Ramo

Farm: Nylander, Goldobin, Anton Karlsson, S Griffith, M Hrivlik, J Marchessault, S Wilson, T Blugers, B Hart, K, Agostino, S Elliott, C Ruhwedel, J Klingberg, A Sergeev, H Tommernes, S Brittain, ...

30 team salary cap with 30 NHL roster & 30 prospects plus unsigned prospects = ZFHL also (DTDL and Scfhl2)

I have seen Zador play for about 2 seasons straight and he is not a good goalie at all, he is just horrible. I don't blame the Lightning for not signing him

The King of Diatribes

I have never seen him play, but I haven't heard too many good things about him.

In related news, Brandon Maxwell was traded to the Sarnia Sting today. Watch this. He will play 60 games, absolutely own it, really develop and become another "mistake" by the Avalanche. I know he is an OA goalie next season, but geez this is getting ridiculous. WASTE WASTE WASTE OF TALENT.

There was a time like 2-3 years ago when Maxwell was a terrific prospect coming out of the USJDP. Made the smart decision to go the CHL route instead of NCAA.

Drafted by the Avalanche and whoooosh the potential gets flushed down the COMMODE.

Avs now have 9 goalies

I agree with you, i have seen Maxwell play a few times over the past couple season he looked good to me. I mean not an all star but he didn't look out of place and looked pretty solid to me. Colorado really only has Pickard now and i think they will regret not giving Maxwell an ELC.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by GoalieGuild View Post
    I have never seen him play, but I haven't heard too many good things about him.

In related news, Brandon Maxwell was traded to the Sarnia Sting today. Watch this. He will play 60 games, absolutely own it, really develop and become another "mistake" by the Avalanche. I know he is an OA goalie next season, but geez this is getting ridiculous. WASTE WASTE WASTE OF TALENT.

There was a time like 2-3 years ago when Maxwell was a terrific prospect coming out of the USJDP. Made the smart decision to go the CHL route instead of NCAA.

Drafted by the Avalanche and whoooosh the potential gets flushed down the COMMODE.

Avs now have 9 goalies
    I am not so sure that Maxwell is going to be Sarnia's starting goalie. Brandon Hope is their future and I believe Maxwell was brought in to support from a veterans' role. Hope is the better goalie of the two and I see a split favouring hope. If I had to guess I would say Hope gets 45 of the 68 starts unless he really falters.

Dobber Sports Stud

I was just looking over the OHL goalie stats and remembered this thread.

Care to share your recent thoughts on Maxwell? Looks like he's proving you right

The King of Diatribes

Haven't seen him play, but know he's having a strong start. And obviously I'm not surprised.