Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Montreal Canadians

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re:Montreal Canadians

Those better be Canadian dollars... Markov\'s not worth $5M/season U.S.

I\'ve only found the RDS article (it\'s in French, http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/229786.html )... anybody else find confirmation elsewhere, or the form of currency?

Post edited by: Thieving Giraffe, at: 2007/05/26 00:52
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

I...am your father.

The Gazette is reporting that Souray is likely gone

If Markov gets five, than Souray wants six. Simple as that. People would be nuts to give it to him, but since I can\'t be GM of all 30 teams...then somebody out there is nuts enough to give it to him.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Expert

Remember one thing about the Gazette - Jack Todd is an idiot.

Dobber Sports Genius

Habber wrote:
    The problem in Montreal is that nobody wants to play there. When Kovalev signed his contract, he was the first big name FA to sign there in YEARS...so it\'s not like Montreal can just hold firm and let guys walk and then go and pick and choose from the other FA\'s available. Look what happened last year, they bid on Arnott (lost out), they bid on Shanahan (lost out). They don\'t have the luxury the Leafs do in that they can throw up their hands and say \"we only have $3M, will you sign for that?\" and have a top notch player sign there...

So if they want someone, they will have to overpay for them...Gainey is a great GM and has done a good job at trying to entice players to play there, but nobody is biting. They have to try and stay the course with their current corp guys...if that means having to give Souray McCabe money, then sobeit...that is what they have to do...Tom Poti is no Souray, so signing Poti and putting him as the PP QB won\'t result in a top ranked PP....

If they do let Souray go, they better get some more offensive players and just play like the Sabres...their defense isn\'t very good, but their forwards are deep. This is the almost exact model Montreal is following (Price = Miller) (Kostitsyn = Vanek) (Chipchura = Mair), Buffalo didn\'t have much success recruiting players either and built from within.

As a Montreal fan, I would LOVE to see them sign a scoring forward like Selanne to play with Koivu / Kovalev as well as either Markov or Souray or both.
    B) That\'s all what I think about Montreal since 15 years !

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Markov 5.75... thats only 4.25 left in cap space by my guess... no Souray...
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

Dobber Sports Apprentice

lockedge wrote:
    Johnson was a key performer for the Habs, and Bonk was no slouch either. If not for Bonk\'s contract, he\'d have been better received by fans.

Those guys need to sign, or Montréal\'s 13th best PK unit will slip into the 20s. Period.
    Both Not offerd Contracts... my original plan stands... :P
    Current Roster:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Players Alredy signed for next year...
    Koivu 4.75
    Samsonov 3.525
    Begin 1.1
    Kovalev 4.5
    Murray .6
    Kostitsyn .7
    Latendresse .85
    Lapierre .563*
    Chipchura .95*
    Grabovski .7*
    Bouillion 1.875
    Dandenault 1.75
    Streit .6
    Huet 3
    Halak .5
    Markov 5.75
    = 31.713 (* make my team from minors)

Players Re-signed and (my figured amounts)...
    Higgins 1.5
    Plekanic 1.5
    Ryder 2.4
    Locke .95*
    Komisarek 1.7
    Gorges .6
    Biron .45*
    = 9.09
    Signed + my Re-signed = 40.803

Players left out on the street
    Niinimaa
    Bonk - Gone
    Aebisher - Gone
    Johnson - Gone
    Lieghton
    Perezhogin (Russia)

we figure the cap was 44 million this year, next year its estimated to rise 4-5 million... I\'ll say 4 to play safe...

48 - 40.803 = 7.197 cap space...

\"Please respond tell me any mistakes or feed back and we\'ll adjust it.. Either way I dont think Souray and Markov are worth 6.5 each lol...\"

I already have 23 man roster so either Biron or Gorges left of the roster to sign Souray means 7.647-7.767 space... This is all updated people, with the new information... I have 7.5 to resign Souray... might not be gone B)

2 things to notice on the Thread and info...

#1 Dobber says Souray will want around 6-7

#2 On todays daily rambleings Locke was mentioned to get a chance... notice I already had him penciled in on my 1st post 2 weeks ago lol... Dobber may I have your GM position:laugh: ... I\'ll give ya my assistant position...:P
    Current Roster:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

mtl should let souray go or pull a sign and trade with a team some players i think mtl should pick up that would be resonable would be scott walker 1-2 mill mike grier off of sanjose in a trade on D to fill souray spot scott hannen or even kimmo timmonen. Samsanov and kovelav got to go both are causing a big problem any way they can trade they should

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Higgins and Komisarek both signed 2 year deals both have a cap hit of 1.7...

Hey what did I figure they would sign for... :huh:

Looks back... :dry:

Players Re-signed and (my figured amounts)...

Higgins 1.5
    Plekanic 1.5
    Ryder 2.4
    Locke .95*
    Komisarek 1.7
    Gorges .6
    Biron .45*
    off by only .2 only Higgins... :P

Jason for GM!!! (preferably not Montreal tho)

So basically I got 7.5 to resign Souray... still... :whistle:
    Current Roster: