Thread: Heatley and Lidstrom for Semin, Eberle, Subban

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Heatley and Lidstrom for Semin, Eberle, Subban

I've been offered Heatley and Lidstrom for Semin, Eberle and Subban for the team in signature. I've won the championship last year and feel that I have a chance again. This move seems to make some sense in that regards. With the freed up space, I could pick up one of Gonchar, Penner, Seidenberg, Carle, Bergeron, Smyth, Versteeg.

Two questions. Is this a good move? Any of those FAs an upgrade over the guys on my roster?

Dobber Sports Deity

I wouldnt do this deal. Everyone knows Lidstrom is on borrowed time. You are giving away too much future. If this was one year from today, would you do this deal? Of course not because Lidstrom will probably sipping margaritas on a beach in Sweden somewhere enjoying his retirement. You say you won it last year, and while making this deal may help you win it again, it wont help you next year.

To answer the second part of your question, I dont see much of an upgrade in any of those free agents. True, Versteeg is off to a good start, but will he keep it up? He may be the only one I would consider. He is still young, signed for a few years and playing top minutes in Fla.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Personally, I wouldn't do this deal even if it were Semin and Subban for the other two.

Axeman33 summed it up pretty good.

This deal is not good for your team, do not do it.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

See, I don't see any reason why, if you're looking to win now, you shouldn't do this.

You're getting Lidstrom, who you know what you're going to get. He's on a team that is solid from year to year. He's great positionally, so his age/losing speed isn't as much of a concern, and is a fixture on the PP.

Subban? Not so much. You know Lidstrom isn't going to get benched/scratched like Subban did last year.

Heatly is also a bit more consistant than Semin, I think. Especially after last year.

You can get a guy off the wire to replace Eberle at the rate he's going now.

If you're looking to win now, this isn't a bad deal.