Thread: Blum/Neuvirth for Weber/Quick/Johansson

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Blum/Neuvirth for Weber/Quick/Johansson

Now. Before you go and tell me I'm crazy, please hear me out. This is the inaugural season for my expansion team.

I have Weber and Quick on 1 year deals. They are free agents this summer. Johansson is signed for 3 years at 1M per year. No options on these guys.

Blum and Neuvirth both have 4 years on their deals and have options so that I can match whatever others bid for them in 4 years' time.

I am rebuilding, as I don't have the depth to compete right now. I'm actually thinking of tanking this year to take a run at the lottery win (Yakupov). I don't think I'll compete for 2 years.

Thanks for your help. I'm really feeling my way through this league - the contracts add such a crazy twist to it.
    14 team, $50M cap
    Stats Counted: G(1), A(1), +/-(.25), GWG(1), SHG(1), Major PIM(2), W(2), SO(5), SOG(.25)
    ($-Yrs), x = option
    F: Matthews (0.5x4x) Laine (0.5x4x) Forsberg (6.7x2) Granlund (2Mx1), Kuznetsov (5.1x1), Stone (4.25x2), Couture (3.1x1x),
    E. Staal (2.2x1), Duchene (3.5x3), Neal (2x1), Marchessault (1.0x3), Gallagher (0.65x3)

D: Burns (4.3x1x), Pietrangelo (4.7x1x), Jones (0.5x2x), Yandle (2.2x2), Schmidt (0.5x1x), Severson (1.2x2)

G: Vasilevsky (0.5x2x), Schneider (0.8x1), Jarry (0.5x1)

Farm (yrs)-

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Anything would be greatly appreciated guys..... thanks
    14 team, $50M cap
    Stats Counted: G(1), A(1), +/-(.25), GWG(1), SHG(1), Major PIM(2), W(2), SO(5), SOG(.25)
    ($-Yrs), x = option
    F: Matthews (0.5x4x) Laine (0.5x4x) Forsberg (6.7x2) Granlund (2Mx1), Kuznetsov (5.1x1), Stone (4.25x2), Couture (3.1x1x),
    E. Staal (2.2x1), Duchene (3.5x3), Neal (2x1), Marchessault (1.0x3), Gallagher (0.65x3)

D: Burns (4.3x1x), Pietrangelo (4.7x1x), Jones (0.5x2x), Yandle (2.2x2), Schmidt (0.5x1x), Severson (1.2x2)

G: Vasilevsky (0.5x2x), Schneider (0.8x1), Jarry (0.5x1)

Farm (yrs)-

Dobber Sports Expert

If there's no way to keep them I guess you have to trade them...sucky as that truly is.

Here's the thing though, you're trading away a top 5-10 D [especially with all those cats] and a top 10 G [on a team that looks to be turning the competitive corner finally] for some interesting prospects, but nothing even close to the kind of value you're giving up.

Blum can only dream of one day becoming the player Weber already is. I like Neuvirth, but with Holtby waiting in the wings I see a potential platoon situation and that concerns me...a little.

BOTTOM LINE...I can't believe that even as 1-year rentals these two players can't fetch you a significantly bigger return. You have to shop both these guys to everyone who is remotely in contention in your league as these have to be huge upgrades and could likely win the pool for someone. If no one is biting right now, be patient and wait until their value goes up as the year progresses. You shouldn't need to be in any hurry to deal them. You may in fact get more back if you deal Weber and Quick in separate deals.

If you trade these guys you have to get more back...WAY MORE!
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask