Thread: Markov for White?

The Great One

Default Markov for White?

Goal weighted league- relatively straight forward question- trade busted No Knees for an up and coming White?

Thans in advance...

Dobber Sports Pro

I would yes.... BUT if you were moving Markov and the other guy instigated the trade, I would want White+. Just something a little extra.

Dobber Sports Expert

The trade is pretty even. You're trading the more talented, but injured player [risk] for healthier, but less talented I. White [stability].

What is the level of risk/reward you can stomach in your pool? Last I heard Markov is supposed to return by the end of October [knock on wood].

Does your D need help now? The extra weeks from White plus the unneeded uncertainty of Markov's ability to hold up once he's back is possibly a load off of your shoulders.

If Markov plays 5 months this season you'll lose this trade. Can you live with that possibility? Then make the deal. I know I dealt Markov last year from my keeper roster.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Expert

I´d take that deal. I personally think Markov will not be able to get back to where he was. The injuries will start to show their signs. A body can only take a certain amount and Markov has had a lot of injuries.

White might not be the sexy pick but he is as solid as it gets. With Lids retiring he will has his top 3 spot locked up even if the Wings bring in that elite #1 d-men f.e. a Webertype.

Settle for the stability mate.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.