Thread: Moving D. Sedin in Dynasty

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Moving D. Sedin in Dynasty

So im in desperate need of goaltending in my super deep 20 team dynasty league.

Here's my roster and here's my prospect pool

Im mainly after Marc-Andre Fleury.

I just offered this trade:

I give:
    Daniel Sedin
    Drew Stafford
    Tyler Toffoli
    3rd Round Pick 2012

He gives:
    Marc-Andre Fleury
    Jordan Eberle
    1st Round Pick in 2012

What do you guys think? Is that fair value, would you go for that trade?
    Last edited by BrooksOrpik44; October 14, 2011 at 3:04 PM.

Dobber Sports Recruit

So that owner didnt go for that deal. What assets do you guys think I should/could move to acquire a top tier goalie?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Roster and Prospects links just tell me to log in.

In my honest opinion, just find a nucks fan and trade Sedin to him for his top tender and a few other guys.

Dobber Sports Expert

I can't access your pool info either, but I'll offer a few thoughts and ask a few questions. Is this a points league or a H2H roto league? Do you have positional requirements at F [RW/LW/C]? How many G do you play regularly [or how many G count towards your point totals]?

In a 20 team dynasty league [assuming you're each icing 2 G] goaltending will be at a premium because the gap between everyone's top G and their next one will be gigantic. You're on the right track offering a top tier player [Sedin] for a top tier G [Fleury]. The problem in getting this done [and I'm only speculating] is that the gap between Sedin and the next best W will be less for you than the gap between Fleury and the next best G for the other GM. All of this to say if you want to do a straight up deal you'll likely have to overpay to land the G of your dreams. Think D. Sedin and a 1st round pick for Fleury [and even that might not get it done].

There is another way to go about this that I would recommend you explore. Look for some top G talent that either is sucking right now [play on a lousy team...C. Price] or hasn't established itself as #1 starter yet [Rask, Bernier, Schneider]. If MTL struggles badly during October Price will come cheaper than he should and you may be able to capitalize on that. Also, consider trading veteran players that can help GMs win now for some of the G that can help you win in future years [Rask, Bernier, etc.]. See if you can't swing a couple of deals and land 2 of these guys. Hopefully at least one turns into the stud you were hoping for and the other becomes a serviceable #2 G.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask