Thread: Chara for ...

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Chara for ...

This guy has only Paul Martin on D (bad drafting), so he's pretty desperate for good D.

Players I want to target on his roster are Alex Burrows, and one of Claude Giroux, JVR, or Datsyuk.

What should I pitch to him?

Dobber Sports Expert

Given Chara's 0 points in 4 GP I have a hard time seeing you land any of the following players. In order to sell this kind of a trade you'll have to flaunt Chara's overall #s from previous seasons.

Chara is no longer elite in the D ranks so I don't think you can land Datsyuk or Giroux with him...if you can, by all means do it.

You may be able to target Burrows or JVR though. I would shoot for Burrows who should come close to 60 points and will have nice peripheral contributions to your stats as well. JVR probably doesn't best Burrows by much in points this season...if at all, and I'm not sure his peripherals [PIM and +/- will be better...although he'll shoot more].

Just my $0.02.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Padawan

As an owner of both Datsyuk and Giroux, I wouldn't trade either of them for Chara. Burrows and JVR is a bit more realistic. Chara and someone for them could get it done.
    10-Team Non-salaried H2H Keeper, 20 Players Each, Keeping 10
    13 active (3 C, 5 W, 3 D, 2 G, 2 Util) / 7 reserve
    Player Stats: G, A, P, PPP, HIT, BLCK, SHP, SOG
    Goalie Stats: W, GAA, SAVE%, SO, Saves

C: Barkov, Schiefele, Tavares, Trocheck
    W: Kucherov, Panarin, Gaudreau, Huberdeau, Wilson, Hall, Keller, Kubalik, Toffoli, Hathaway
    D: Sergachev, Doughty, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy, Markstrom, Francouz