Thread: Best of the worst- Girardi, Martin, Hainsey, etc

The Great One

Default Best of the worst- Girardi, Martin, Hainsey, etc

Hey Guys!

Just a minor tweak kind of question to throw out at everyone.

Team and league in sig. I used a relatively high pick on Girardi because his totals last year (31) were fairly decent for a last D-man in a format this deep- 22 teams. We start 4 daily and Im only rolling with 4 to have more flexibility on the offensive end of my roster so I was hoping to have someone there who is at least productive rather than a complete airball. If I do take a gamble type of guy theyd need good one year stats as theyd be hard pressed to crack my 12 keepers.

Anyways heres the list and a few random thoughts- remember goal and sog heavy, no penalty for +/-:

Girardi- Should technically be the top d-man with Staal out and 30ish numbers are good enough for me. Digging deeper though 30 was the high end of his spectrum having opnly reached that plateau once in his career. Hes posting complete doughnuts with one sog in two games. I know its early but without blocked shots/hits Im wondering if its there are better options.

Martin- Just got cut by another team.. Im thinking hes kind of like Pitts Girardi but should still be able to get 30ish and maybe more if lightning strikes. Might take a sizable bid from my free agent budget though.

Hainsey- Only two seasons removed from 40 point type seasons. Apparently he may be used extensively with Enstrom on the top pairing as and have Buff on a different one. Coaching/management may have a completely different role in mind for Hainsey than the thrash did. No +/- in our format also makes gambling on him more appealing.

Cam Barker- Ive read a few different sites say hes worth a late late round flier. A 4th d-man in a 22 team league might be as late as it gets- lol! That being said Im pretty jaded on this guy having drafted him years ago and that game last night certainly didnt showcase his ability to redeem himself.

Yannick Weber- Huge game last night and might have some decent opportunity with all the injuries there. The fact that hes listed as a D but also spends some time at forward might be a nice boost as well- although I think most of his forward minutes are in a 4th liner role. Dont know much about him...

After that you've got Coburn and Ericcson (det) who might have some appeal. Russell whose career seems to be in jeopardy, Taormina- demoted (might get called?), Stralman- unsigned, and Murphy who might not play in the bigs this year.

Any input wouldbe greatly appreciated. I need to have a bid in tonight and less Im gonna stick with Girardi.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Fighting_Emu; October 10, 2011 at 12:10 PM.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd stick with Girardi, don't like any of the options any better. I'd also watch out for Petry on Edm, I doubt the Oil will be too happy with Barker this year and Petry might be able to steal a ton of PP time on that team.
    Whatever you do, I would not pick up Barker.
    16-team Keeper, Keep 7
    Cats: G, A, P, +/-, BS, PIM, PPG, PPA, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Giroux (RW), Shore, Fisher, Schwartz
    LW: Couture (C), Benn (C), Killorn (C), Malone
    RW: Yakupov, Voracek, Clowe (LW), Downie (LW), Vrbata, Hornqvist, Callahan
    D: Schultz, Gudas, Gardiner, Kindl, Trouba, Ballard
    G: Rask, Emery, Lehner, Lack

Dobber Sports Ace

I'd say Girardi with Hainsey as an interesting dark horse...I own Del Zotto and am hoping he beats out Girardi (lol), but am realistic enough to know that Girardi has Torts blessing and seems to be the guy for now...
    Champion: 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
    12 Team Keeper League - 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 Bench (Keep 6, in Bold)
    $250 Cap (0-9 +3; 10-19 +4; >20 +5 each season)
    WW = $10

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, GWG, SHG, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Points Based League

F: Guentzel (15), Point (11), Barzal (18), WNylander (15), Trochek (1), Eberle (1), Domi (4), Toffoli (1), TBertuzzi (1), Buchnevich (1), Tuch (1), Puljujarvi (1)

D: Theodore (17), Heiskanen (15), Pulock (7), Sanheim (1), Faulk (1), Morrissey (1)

G: Markstrom (7), Saros (15), Binnington (39), Jarry (40)

B: DeSmith (1), Lindblom (1)

IR or Out: Ghost (1), OEL (9), Teravainen (28), PMyers (1)