Thread: Like any of these wingers?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Like any of these wingers?

Roto league, G/A/Pts/+-/PPG/PPA, limited keeper (so really looking to this yr only).

Any of these you think are a cut above the rest?

Jiri Hudler
    Troy Brouwer
    Andrew Brunette
    Ryan Smyth
    Dustin Penner
    Blake Wheeler
    RJ Umberger

Thanks again.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hmmm I'm a bit intrigued by Brouwer in WSH. All of these guys fall in the same category so I'm basically looking at who will have the best plus/minus. Brunette and Umberger could land some nice gigs on their respective teams though too.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Ninja

I personally like Penner, Wheeler, and Umberger.

Penner and Wheeler are kind of your riskier picks but also potentially higher reward, whereas Umberger is the steady-eddy type guy.

I'm not particularly 100% sold on Brouwer, I mean over the past couple of years he saw some decent time with Toews and Kane and couldn't make it stick...his career high up till this point is 40. I'm not expecting a sudden surge in points to 60 or anything of the sort..but perhaps that is just me.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm far from an expert, but fwiw, of that group Wheeler might get the most opportunity on the PP
    12-team, Keep 3 (2 years max with inflation) Auction Roto, 14-cat (10 skater, 4 goalie). $400 bank for auction.
    F: Kaprizov, Huberdeau, M Tkachuk, B Tkachuk, Connor, Kadri, Debrincat, Kuznetsov, Batherson, Strome, Barbashev, Granlund, Couture
    D: Hamilton, Pietrangelo, Weegar, Karlsson, Chabot
    G: Markstrom, Jarry, Kahkhonen

Dobber Sports Veteran

I like Wheeler's situation but be prepared to take a hit in +/-.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

The Great One

I like the Huds for a nice bounce back into the 60 point region this year- but I am one hell of a gambler- lol! Seriously though- Jiri could easily surprise quite a few people. Last year he had a lot of rust/bad habits to work through and there was significantly less pp time to go around. In theory both of these should prove less of a problem this year. Hes already got a very nice 57 point season under his belt- looks good in camp so far.

After that I like Penner and others have said RJ is underrated but steady as she goes if you dont like risks. Worried the new found offense might cut into his quality scoring time though.

Smyth is a warrior but hes getting up there, has battled injury and may take on more of a mentoring all situations role- pass.

Brunette- helluva player but see above.

Brouwer- I need to see something from him first. Could emerge this year but too early to grab just yet I think.

Wheeler has size and decent hands but hes got zero hockey brain. I wouldnt touch him with a ten foot pole.

Dobber Sports Ace

Wink

Troy Brouwer - If you can afford to gamble then grab him. "preseason line testing seems to be working well 3gp, 0G, 4A feeding Backs and Ovie so far. But then again I think I'll get some points passing to those guys..." (if he can't stick 35-40pts, if he can 55-60pts career numbers)
    Andrew Brunette- safer bet (50-55pts range)
    Dustin Penner - safe bet (40-45pts range)
    2015-16-17, 23 Champion
    12Team Roto Keeper (5keepers) Weekly lineups
    Player: G, A,+/-, PPG, PPA, SOG = 2pts
    Player: +/-, Blocked Shots = 1pt
    Goalie: GGP, GAA, SPct, W, SO = 1pt
    Lineup: 3C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm/Prospect Players

C: C.McDavid, T.Thompson
    W: K.Kaprizov, ,
    D: A. Fox,
    G: I.Shesterkin,

Farm/Prospects free carry: C: M. Savoie W:
    D: L. Hutson G: D. Levi