Thread: Neuvirth thoughts

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Neuvirth thoughts

What do you expect from him this year and in future?

Dobber Sports Ninja

This year - 20-25 games barring injury IMO with a good number of wins and good peripherals.

Future - Really tough to say and I don't want to give you any misguided "advice". Don't know what's going to happen with Vokoun past this season and Holtby is lurking in the shadows too.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Really tough call here. I think B0ndon is right going with about 20-25 games for this year.
    If Vokoun has a couple of bad games and Neuvirth plays lights out though, he could potentially steal the #1 job back as well.
    As far as next year goes, it will really depend on how this year goes. I don't see Holtby coming in next year as the #1 so it will depend on how Vokoun does and if he gets a contract extension or not. If Vokoun and Neuvirth split the season and have similar numbers I figure they'll let Vokoun go and run with Neuvirth and Holtby.
    As a Neuvirth owner, I wasn't too happy about the Vokoun signing but I don't think it kills Neuvirths chances of being the Caps' goalie of the future.
    Points only keeper league 10 manager - Score top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G
    1pt for G or A - 2pts for W -1pt for OTL/SOL - 2pts for SO
    Draft 30 - Keep 20 - 10 round draft every year.

Banned

i really don't see any way that neuvirth gets the number one job this season unless vokoun gets badly hurt. vokoun likes to play a lot and he he will. 20 games max for neuvy this year... next year is another story - too many unknowns at this point to make a reasonable prediction.