Thread: 9/30/11 - S&D [#Theokupov]

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Default 9/30/11 - S&D [#Theokupov]

Studs & Duds
    September 30th

Studs

3) CBJ be Tyutin

If only Tyutin could produce like this when it mattered. Another goal and assist tonight gives him a total of seven points in four games played. This guy has the potential to be a 50-plus defenseman and has been given the chance to reach that number multiple times; however 30ish points simply seems to be his niche. Personally, I finally gave up on him and traded him away today - more so because I was 4M over budget and his contract extension scared me a little.

My advice? You guys should go draft him. Maybe it was me who put that voodoo on him all these years! Jokes aside, Tyutin will most likely be available late in your draft - keep your eyes open, could be worth a look.

2) Round of Deuces

Two goals by Stamkos, two goals by Connolly and two assists by St. Louis, en route to a 4-0 victory against the Habs. All three finished the game with a plus-three, while Stamkos had six shots on goal and Connolly had five.

Roloson recorded a 24 save shut out.

I really like what Connolly is bringing to the table. However, with thirteen forwards on the payroll, Brett is likely to be sent down - unless of course, he receives a few cups of coffee due to injuries and makes it impossible for management to not keep him on the roster.

1) Full Rack of Ribs

Ribeiro with the biggest night in terms of production this preseason with one goal, five assists (two PPA), plus-four, two SOG and two hits. There will be tons of movement for Ribeiro tomorrow and owners will likely be able to sell high. I know I would!

Goligoski was Ribs' right hand man. He punched in one goal, three assists (two PPA), plus-five, one SOG, three blocked shots & two hits.

HM Craig Anderson stops 39 shots, finishes game with one goal against in win.

Duds

3)King's Ransom

The breaking news gives Doughty owners a sigh of relief (even though it was inevitable). GM Lombardi finally caved and gave Doughty what he asked for. Seven million may seem high (because it is), although when looking at the top paid defensemen of 2011-12, Ehrhoff (10M), Chara (8.5M), Keith (8M), Pronger (7.6M), Weber(7.5M), and Campbell (7,142,875M) - Doughty fits right in. In fact Drew's contract equals dollar-to-dollar with Wisniewski (minus his 8 game suspension), Seabrook and Bieksa. No wonder he had pull.

2) 1-5-0

Sound familiar? Well it is two added losses to Montreal's preseason record from a few days ago! To twist it a little further, Montreal has allowed 28 goals in only six games played. In the same span, they have only scored twelve, a difference of negative 16. Brutal!

Good thing those totals erase next week...

1) #Theokupov

I am really starting to believe that the Panthers will finish last in the league. Another team that has let in a massive amount of goals in such a short span, the Panthers are sitting at 29 goals against with only 13 goals for. Theodore's seven goals against this evening come only a few days after he let in five against Tampa. It's going to be a long year in Florida... can you say #Theokupov?!

GMG signing off!

Oh and Carter was stellar again on the draw tonight going 12/8 for an even 60%.

(Just for shoeless haha!)
    Last edited by GMGates; September 30, 2011 at 12:37 AM.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Administrator

Habs are looking awful. Individually there's some good efforts but collectively they're totally out of sync. Another "dud" would be any shot that didn't beat Budaj tonight...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Florida has some decent pieces but seriously, their goaltending makes Edmonton look good.

I really thought Tallon would do some good but I'm really questioning most/all his decisions (sorry Key!).

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Florida has some decent pieces but seriously, their goaltending makes Edmonton look good.

I really thought Tallon would do some good but I'm really questioning most/all his decisions (sorry Key!).
    We all know their true gameplan

That came about when they promised Theo #1!
    Last edited by GMGates; September 30, 2011 at 9:37 AM.
    Gates Imbeau

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by GMGates View Post
    We all know their true gameplan

That came about when they promised Theo #1!
    Oh course they gave Theo a 2 year deal. He only ever plays well when his contract is due.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Oh course they gave Theo a 2 year deal. He only ever plays well when his contract is due.
    Like a month before it's due haha...
    Gates Imbeau

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Jeff Carter on pace for 1066 FOW - hee hee

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Jeff Carter on pace for 1066 FOW - hee hee
    Still leaves me drooling at the mouth, especially with Crosby (monster at FOW).

With these numbers, I am very confident that I will have the FOW category locked up in the UHL!
    Gates Imbeau

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post

Hehe i know your Florida love buddy.

Honestly the Panthers need one more great draft pick and Theo gurantees that. The rest of our moves maybe without the addition of Jovo i still like.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by GMGates View Post
    Still leaves me drooling at the mouth, especially with Crosby (monster at FOW).

With these numbers, I am very confident that I will have the FOW category locked up in the UHL!
    *Curses*

Ah well, with Pavelski, Sharp, Stoll, Richards, Frolik, etc. I'm hoping to have my fair share as well.