Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Adam Larsson hype

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Adam Larsson hype

What's all the hype over that guy anyways?

4th overall pick
    probably gonna make the NHL first year availability
    PP QB for NJ

When I look at his stats , I dont see why he has so much fantasy hype ..

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=118565

can someone just tell me ''why?''
    12 teams keeper league (keep 6 + 1 rookie) H2H points only

Rookie = less than 23 years old and never reached 60pts for a forward / 40 pts for a D

Start : C RW LW S D D G
    Points are : A/G = 1 pt W = 2 pts SO = 1pt

C - Seguin Giroux Stepan
    LW - Huberdeau (R) Parise Tlusty
    RW - Eberle Hornqwist Hemsky Scheifele
    D - Schultz Gardiner Goligoski Brodie Sekera Zidlicky
    G - Fleury Crawford Raanta Greiss

Whoever said, 'It's not whether you win or lose that counts,' probably lost.

Dobber Sports Genius

That's a different league. When a guy with his skills who has played with men gets an opportunity to play on a PP unit with guys like Kovalchuk, Parise, etc. that gives him quite a bit of an opportunity. He's solid in his own end and can pass really well. You can't just transfer stats from other leagues to the NHL. He's playing with better people here, and there he wasn't the main guy, but a kid playing with men. So when he does fully progress, his upside is huge as he'll continue to grow.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Legend

Take a look at this guy's stats when he was Larsson's age playing in the same league:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...y.php?pid=3146

What is all the hype about? Well, to be honest, there's not that much hype about him - in fact, I think he's been undervalued terribly as of late - and there are only a small group of us "Larsson lovers" out there. But, here's my take on why he'll be a stud:

1. Great NHL size, 6-2, 210 as an 18 year old.
    2. Tremendous skill, poise and hockey smarts
    3. Excellent passer and big shot
    4. Been playing against men in a top league since he was 16 years old
    5. Will get tons of ice time on the Devils - including PP time
    6. Is the undisputed #1 franchise defenseman on a team that needs one badly
    7. Will step right into the NHL as an 18 year old

So far Larsson has played 2 games and he has 3 points - 1 beauty assist in his first game and two more assists to set up PP goals tonight.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Veteran

He looks sick on the PP feeding Kovalchuk. I think he'll be there all year long.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Stud

Its actully about time. 2, 5, 10 yrs from now, Oilers, Avs, Panthers fans will all pissed their organizations passed on him in this draft.
    20 Team Pool Points Keeper
    G =1,A=1,PPG=1,PPA=0.5, SHG=1,GWG=1,PIM=0.1,+/-=0.25
    Goalie cats (W=2, SO=3, SV=0.05)

F: Malkin, B.Richards, Franzen, D.Brown, Boedker, Zajac, Atkinson, Scheifele, Read, Boyes
    D: Green, Schultz, Faulk, Goligoski
    G: Crawford

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by slufoot View Post
    Its actully about time. 2, 5, 10 yrs from now, Oilers, Avs, Panthers fans will all pissed their organizations passed on him in this draft.
    As an Oiler fan I was one of the few that thought Larsson should have been taken by the Oilers. They need his kind of Dman more than anything even over a #1 center who may or may NOT be RNH. And the fact that he looks to be a sure fire NHLer at his age?? Yes I'm a little jealous that NJ had the steal of the draft thus far.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    As an Oiler fan I was one of the few that thought Larsson should have been taken by the Oilers. They need his kind of Dman more than anything even over a #1 center who may or may NOT be RNH. And the fact that he looks to be a sure fire NHLer at his age?? Yes I'm a little jealous that NJ had the steal of the draft thus far.
    Sorry but it's absolutely ridiculous for anyone to claim any player the "steal of the draft thus far". Especially based on 2 pre-season games.

Most overused term ever.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Sorry but it's absolutely ridiculous for anyone to claim any player the "steal of the draft thus far". Especially based on 2 pre-season games.

Most overused term ever.
    thus far are the key words in that statement. You can't deny he is looking the best out of 2011 draft class thus far.

Apologie accepted.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Take a look at this guy's stats when he was Larsson's age playing in the same league:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...y.php?pid=3146

What is all the hype about? Well, to be honest, there's not that much hype about him - in fact, I think he's been undervalued terribly as of late - and there are only a small group of us "Larsson lovers" out there. But, here's my take on why he'll be a stud:

1. Great NHL size, 6-2, 210 as an 18 year old.
    2. Tremendous skill, poise and hockey smarts
    3. Excellent passer and big shot
    4. Been playing against men in a top league since he was 16 years old
    5. Will get tons of ice time on the Devils - including PP time
    6. Is the undisputed #1 franchise defenseman on a team that needs one badly
    7. Will step right into the NHL as an 18 year old

So far Larsson has played 2 games and he has 3 points - 1 beauty assist in his first game and two more assists to set up PP goals tonight.
    I went ahead and drafted Larsson just now in my keeper league, based mostly on fungchen's frequent arguments for why he'll be an effective fantasy player from the start. If you turn out to be correct, then I'll be thanking you by season's end.
    15 GM Keeper League w/Roto Scoring (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS | W, GAA, SV%, SHO)
    Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G (23-man rosters) | Protect 10 players w/a max of 1 goalie

C - Crosby*, Malkin* (C/R), Tavares*, Giroux* (C/R)
    L - Duchene* (C/L),
    Marleau* (C/L), Galchenyuk (C/L), Ott (C/L), Lee (C/L)
    R - Kane* (C/R), St. Louis, Neil, Clutterbuck
    D - Yandle*, Carlson*, Gardiner, Gudas, Daley, Bieksa, Schenn
    G - Lundqvist*, Rinne, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rticinelli View Post
    I went ahead and drafted Larsson just now in my keeper league, based mostly on fungchen's frequent arguments for why he'll be an effective fantasy player from the start. If you turn out to be correct, then I'll be thanking you by season's end.
    Well, I'll say this RT - I put my money where my mouth is and picked Larsson 1st overall in my league last night. So, I'm on-board 100% myself. That said, I didn't draft Larsson for his potential production this year - anything we get will be gravy. Long-term, I think he'll be a great player to own.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Well, I'll say this RT - I put my money where my mouth is and picked Larsson 1st overall in my league last night. So, I'm on-board 100% myself. That said, I didn't draft Larsson for his potential production this year - anything we get will be gravy. Long-term, I think he'll be a great player to own.
    Do you seriously play in a 6-GM keeper league as your signature suggests? For real?

Haha

I haven't come across a league that small before.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    thus far are the key words in that statement. You can't deny he is looking the best out of 2011 draft class thus far.

Apologie accepted.
    I could deny that, but I haven't seen every single 2011 draft pick play in their camps/pre-season.

Apologize for what?

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Do you seriously play in a 6-GM keeper league as your signature suggests? For real?

Haha

I haven't come across a league that small before.
    Yep! And it's the best fantasy league I've ever played in (regardless of sport). It's a close group of friends and a deep keeper league that has been up and running since 94. This league is played for the proverbial "love of the game" - very little money is awarded...it's all about the fun, camaraderie, stories and trophy at the end.

Regardless of all the other leagues I play in, this one is my baby. Those others are fine for deeper rosters, more research and grabbing money on the line, but this one takes priority.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Yep! And it's the best fantasy league I've ever played in (regardless of sport). It's a close group of friends and a deep keeper league that has been up and running since 94. This league is played for the proverbial "love of the game" - very little money is awarded...it's all about the fun, camaraderie, stories and trophy at the end.

Regardless of all the other leagues I play in, this one is my baby. Those others are fine for deeper rosters, more research and grabbing money on the line, but this one takes priority.
    I can seriously see why. Each team should have a solid lineup and the skill comes down to managing the players you play each night. Sounds like a league that I would form just to drink beer with my closest buddies.

Now you've got me thinking haha....

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Sounds like a league that I would form just to drink beer with my closest buddies.

Now you've got me thinking haha....
    If you haven't already you need to. And it's more challenging than you think because all teams are good and it's a keep 34... so drafting wisely is key as GMs can load up on elite talent over the years. One GM has Oveckin and Malkin, another has the twins. So teams sort of form an "identity" over time. The downfall is that you will most likely never get your paws on a Crosby or Ovechkin (unless you draft them), but it's charming in a way.

Last night we ate a bunch of junk food, drank a ton of beer and jello shots (a gift from one of the GM's lady), drafted and rehashed some funny times in our league history...it was a blast.

It's funny when you consider Adam Larsson was 2 years old when my league started.
    8-GM / WK-H2H