Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Winnipeg Jets preseason game

Dobber Sports Genius

Wow, what a fun game to watch! Byfuglien looked amazing all game. No worries there. Postma looked very good out there, too.

Anyone catch the post game press Q&A with Noel? He called Scheifele best player for the Jets tonight, and spoke to the fact that Antropov is a natural right winger, but is playing centre for them because they need his size down the middle, which Scheifele has. Pretty interesting. It's early, of course, but this kid impressed his coach in a big way tonight.

Dobber Sports Padawan

If any players on the Jets had any reservations about playing in Winnipeg, those reservations should be squashed by now after playing in front of that crowd.

Playing in front of raucous, capacity crowds night after night, instead of a dead, all but empty building night after night, will steer them to a few wins alone.

Scheifele = future beastie.....

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by jL67s View Post
    Scheifele = future beastie.....

Future beastly?

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

20 Team H2H Dynasty - Winnipeg Jets
    G A Pts +/- PIM SOG STP Hit Blk FOW - W GAA SV SV% SO

Start 4 C-8W-6D-1G

C: Backstrom, Fisher, Nyquist, Bjugstad, Shore
    W: Skinner (C/W), Lucic, Wheeler, Schwartz (c/w)Glencross, Boedker, Kassian, Prust, Arcobello
    D: Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Carle, Hamilton, Seidenberg, Trouba, Gudas
    G: Miller, Stalock
    P: Armia, Jurco, Pulock, Ca. Pickard, E. Comrie

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Thank you for allaying my doubts about Byfuglien haha.

Scheifele is making Cheveldayoff look like a genius. And me like an idiot in several several leagues.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default First Jet game in 15 years....

Well guys, I took my son to the game tonight and it was unbelievable.

The crowd was....AMAZING. It almost brought tears to my eyes, the pure emotion and intensity of having the NHL back playing right in front of us at the MTS Centre.

This was a pre-season half squad game and my hearing was almost gone by the end of the first period.

Schiefele did look good, started out a little rough with a several bad passes, but his confidence grew throughout the game. He is going to be a very good player. Not a physical guy, though. Burmistrov was impressive, as well. Great puck possession skills, solid defensively. Needs to bulk up though. I think he's going to be a keeper in a few years.

Ryan Johansen has all the tools, he looked far better than Brassard and I expect he will pass Brassard on the depth chart sooner rather than later this year.

I'm sharing some seats and can't wait till my next game. It is going to be an unbelievable year in the Peg!!
    Home games are going to be intense all season, I would expect Byfuglien's pim's to take a big jump at home.

I can't wait to see the player reaction in the news tomorrow.
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Stud

Ok, I've had a weird feeling about Scheifele since he was drafted that he will be a stud. Im debating adding him for the league in my sig but I'd have to drop someone (Calvert?) Would you do this? I won last year and will contend this year also so Calvert won't help me now and I think Scheifele has much more upside then Calvert?

Thanks
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    so talk to me gentlemen, tell me of this Scheifele kid since I don't know much about him beyond the fact that he's a promising C with an edge...how do you see him? Cause I had him pegged sorta like a Chris Stewart type of player if all goes well, is that fair?
    Others can chime in here, but I see him as more of a Getzlaf-type with a better knack for scoring (he's got a great wrist shot) and less speed. I think I've read an article that called him a cross between Getzlaf and Carter, but I can't find the exact one. I'm about to call it a night, so I won't find it tonight, but here is one that describes him as a "playmaking version of Jeff Carter" (scroll down a bit): http://topshelfscouting.com/main/agg...urces/1?page=1

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    so talk to me gentlemen, tell me of this Scheifele kid since I don't know much about him beyond the fact that he's a promising C with an edge...how do you see him? Cause I had him pegged sorta like a Chris Stewart type of player if all goes well, is that fair?
    He reminds me of a better Travis Zajac. Nice size, thinks pass first but has slick hands. The thing about him that I like best though is his raw enthusiasm and emotion - he just has that proverbial "it factor" to his game. I am VERY impressed with him.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka