Thread: Will they play this year?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Will they play this year?

Looking for info on whether these guys will play this year or not:

D. Rundblad
    S. Elliot
    B. Smith
    A. Larsson

I've read that Smith is an outside shot. And that Larsson might play another year in Sweden.

Anyone have links / other info?
    13 Team Keeper (50m cap auction based) / Points Only (W=2 / SO=2) | Start 8F, 4D, 2G / 20 man roster

F (salary/yrs on contract)
    --
    Giroux (8.5/3), Benn (0.5/1), Kunitz (2.0/2), Couture (4.8/4), Neal (2.6/3), Backes (1.1/3), Steen (1.0/3), Ribeiro (0.5/2), Turris (2.0/4), MacArthur (0.5/2), D. Brown (1.1/2)

D
    --
    Mike Green (3.6/2), Fowler (1.9/1), Faulk (0.9/2), Ekman-Larsson (0.5/1), Wiz (0.7/2)

G
    --
    Lundqvist (10.0/2), Bobrovski (0.9/2), Ward (0.5 / 3)

Buyout
    --
    Heatley (2.1 / 2)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by oven View Post

D. Rundblad
    S. Elliot
    B. Smith
    A. Larsson

I've read that Smith is an outside shot. And that Larsson might play another year in Sweden.

If I had to bet I would wager on:

Rundblad - Ottawa is overloaded on defense so i'd guess he gets some time in the AHL before joining the big team half way through the season
    S. Elliott - Making the team out of camp, Colorado isn't exactly loaded with Defense and I think he has the skill to play in the nhl right now
    B. Smith - Probably nhl ready but I just don't think Detroit has the space on the blueline so i'd say he plays another year in the AHL
    Larsson - Really hard to call but I would bet on him playing on the devils next year.

Again this is all just my best guesses but hope it helps!
    12 Team H2H League - Keep 6 and a goalie

C - Getzlaf
    LW - Nash, Sharp
    RW - Kane, Perry, Skinner
    D -
    G - Luongo

Stats
    Skaters - G, A, PPP, GWG, +/-, PIMs
    Goalies - Wins, Sv%, GAA, SO

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Right on - thanks. Yeah, it's all kinda guess work right now. I figured out of the bunch Elliot would be the best shot for actually playing this year.

Looking to rebuild my D but would prefer guys that'll play this year.
    13 Team Keeper (50m cap auction based) / Points Only (W=2 / SO=2) | Start 8F, 4D, 2G / 20 man roster

--
    Giroux (8.5/3), Benn (0.5/1), Kunitz (2.0/2), Couture (4.8/4), Neal (2.6/3), Backes (1.1/3), Steen (1.0/3), Ribeiro (0.5/2), Turris (2.0/4), MacArthur (0.5/2), D. Brown (1.1/2)

D
    --
    Mike Green (3.6/2), Fowler (1.9/1), Faulk (0.9/2), Ekman-Larsson (0.5/1), Wiz (0.7/2)

G
    --

Buyout
    --
    Heatley (2.1 / 2)

Dobber Sports Legend

D. Rundblad
    S. Elliot
    B. Smith
    A. Larsson

For all of these players, their performance in camp/preseason will be a major factor in whether they start the season in the NHL or not. Here is my take on where each player begins the season:

1. Rundblad - 70% NHL / 30% AHL
    2. Elliott - 40% NHL / 60% AHL
    3. Smith - 20% NHL / 80% AHL
    4. Larsson - 90% NHL / 10% AHL

Here is my take on whether each player plays at all in the NHL this year:

1. Rundblad - 90% NHL / 10% AHL
    2. Elliott - 75% NHL / 25% AHL
    3. Smith - 60% NHL / 40% AHL
    4. Larsson - 95% NHL / 5% AHL
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    For all of these players, their performance in camp/preseason will be a major factor in whether they start the season in the NHL or not. Here is my take on where each player begins the season:

1. Rundblad - 70% NHL / 30% AHL
    2. Elliott - 40% NHL / 60% AHL
    3. Smith - 20% NHL / 80% AHL
    4. Larsson - 90% NHL / 10% AHL

Here is my take on whether each player plays at all in the NHL this year:

1. Rundblad - 90% NHL / 10% AHL
    2. Elliott - 75% NHL / 25% AHL
    3. Smith - 60% NHL / 40% AHL
    4. Larsson - 95% NHL / 5% AHL
    Don't mean to be the nitpicker but if Larsson doesn't make the devils he will be going back to Sweden, I only pointed it out because all 3 of the other players can be shuttled back and forth between the nhl and ahl whereas if Larsson doesn't make it out of camp you won't be seeing him this year. I do like your percentages though, i'm a bit sunnier on Elliott's time in the NHL but very much agree on the rest.
    12 Team H2H League - Keep 6 and a goalie

C - Getzlaf
    LW - Nash, Sharp
    RW - Kane, Perry, Skinner
    D -
    G - Luongo

Stats
    Skaters - G, A, PPP, GWG, +/-, PIMs
    Goalies - Wins, Sv%, GAA, SO

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by J_Mac_13 View Post
    Don't mean to be the nitpicker but if Larsson doesn't make the devils he will be going back to Sweden
    J_Mac

Adam Larsson informed Skelleftea that he will not be returning and signed a 3-year entry-level deal with the Devils to play in North America, beginning this season. There is a super chance he plays for the Devils right out of the gate - at least that's what I expect. But he will not be playing in Sweden.

Here's an article in regards to the situation.

Here's the direct quote from LL:

“This young man is as mature as he can get for his age,” Lamoriello said. “He understands what that means, and he doesn’t want to be different than any other players in that (locker) room. He decided to forgo all those bonuses to get his career under way. That’s impressive.”

Lamoriello said “if it’s best for his development, it’s our intention, his intention” that Larsson will be playing in North America this season, either in the NHL or AHL.
    Last edited by fungchen3; September 10, 2011 at 10:13 PM. Reason: LL quote
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Nice - that really helps. I also like his situation in NJ. Not too much competition for the offensive D role.

Right now I'm looking at some higher quality young guys –Â*Fowler, Shattenkirk, etc. But I need some options open if I'm not able to get one of them.

--

D
    --

G
    --

Buyout
    --
    Heatley (2.1 / 2)

Dobber Sports Legend

Nice - that really helps. I also like his situation in NJ. Not too much competition for the offensive D role.

Right now I'm looking at some higher quality young guys –Â*Fowler, Shattenkirk, etc. But I need some options open if I'm not able to get one of them.
    oven,

I like Larsson's situation a lot as well and I'm targeting him myself in my league.

For your purposes, it would be beneficial to perhaps list the league situation and the available players - the posters here are a big help with that stuff.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd give high odds to Rundblad making the Sens right out of training camp. I like funchen's reasoning there, not sure about the other guys but he's a solid pick imho.

Ottawa I think will give him lots of chances to succeed, although he might spend the first (1 or 2) months of the season in the AHL to see how he is physically.
    1 Year 18 Team H2H Category Wins (Daily Starts)

G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, GWG, BK, Hits, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4D, 1 Util, 2 G (5 B)

C: Getzlaf, Kesler, Mackinnon
    LW: Benn, Hartnell, N. Foligno, T. Ruutu (C)
    RW: Clarkson, Clutterbuck, Bennett
    D: Karlsson, Phaneuf, Giordano, Faulk, Meszaros
    G: Lunqvist, Ramo, Khudobin

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Ah yes - that would help for sure.

League is 12 guys - 20 man roster. Points only (G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=4) Start 8 Forwards (Positions don't matter), 4 D and 2 Goalies. It's auction based with a 50 mil cap - 0.5 min. / 10 max / contracts 1-4 years with a resign at 4x the existing contract to 10 mil max. (20% increase for resigning maxed out contracts).

Next year there are a ton of big name players coming off contract so the auction will be a bit of a re-set. I'd like to build up a good, young, cheap D core so that I can focus on forwards/goalie in the draft next year.

Best NHL D available this draft are:

Dustin Byfuglien
    Nicklas Lidstrom
    Sergei Gonchar
    Dirk Fowler
    Kevin Shattenkirk
    James Wisniewski
    Marek Zidlicki
    Joni Pitkanen
    Sheldon Souray
    Dennis Seidenberg
    Jordan Leopold
    Dmitry Kulikov
    Grant Clitsome
    Ian White

All of the mentioned prospects are available as well.

I think 10-15 D will be taken in the auction. I'd like to get 2-3 of them.

Hope that helps!

--

D
    --

G
    --

Buyout
    --
    Heatley (2.1 / 2)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Fungchen did a great job.

Based on my gut feeling.....

Rundblad - On the Team
    Larsson - On the Team
    Elliott - toughest to predict, gut says that he'll see a few games to start for the Avs to evaluate but I think he will head to Lake Erie for at least half of the season(AHL)
    Smith - He will start the season in Grand Rapids but he's the first call up. If Kronwall, Lidstrom, Ericsson or White get hurt - watch out.

Your safest bet for this year is Larsson IMO but Rundblad/Elliott are reasonable risks to take (especially Rundblad)
    Last edited by Dean Youngblood; September 10, 2011 at 11:43 PM. Reason: GUT not guy

Dobber Sports Ace

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Fungchen did a great job.

Based on my guy feeling.....

Rundblad - On the Team
    Larsson - On the Team
    Elliott - toughest to predict, gut says that he'll see a few games to start for the Avs to evaluate but I think he will head to Lake Erie for at least half of the season(AHL)
    Smith - He will start the season in Grand Rapids but he's the first call up. If Kronwall, Lidstrom, Ericsson or White get hurt - watch out.

Your safest bet for this year is Larsson IMO but Rundblad/Elliott are reasonable risks to take (especially Rundblad)
    Your guy feeling?
    12 team points only keeper (G = 1, A = 1, W = 2, SO = 2)
    Dress 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 2 goalies, weekly starts
    Roster limit - 20 plus 4 prospects

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Your guy feeling?
    You didn't know that Youngblood is expecting a Sarnia sports bra in the mail? We love everyone here at Dobber - all sizes, flavors and preferences.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Your guy feeling?
    Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    You didn't know that Youngblood is expecting a Sarnia sports bra in the mail? We love everyone here at Dobber - all sizes, flavors and preferences.
    You bastards better hope i never find a type in any of your posts haha

Dobber Sports Legend

Ah yes - that would help for sure.

League is 12 guys - 20 man roster. Points only (G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=4) Start 8 Forwards (Positions don't matter), 4 D and 2 Goalies. It's auction based with a 50 mil cap - 0.5 min. / 10 max / contracts 1-4 years with a resign at 4x the existing contract to 10 mil max. (20% increase for resigning maxed out contracts).

Next year there are a ton of big name players coming off contract so the auction will be a bit of a re-set. I'd like to build up a good, young, cheap D core so that I can focus on forwards/goalie in the draft next year.

Best NHL D available this draft are:

Dustin Byfuglien
    Nicklas Lidstrom
    Sergei Gonchar
    Dirk Fowler
    Kevin Shattenkirk
    James Wisniewski
    Marek Zidlicki
    Joni Pitkanen
    Sheldon Souray
    Dennis Seidenberg
    Jordan Leopold
    Dmitry Kulikov
    Grant Clitsome
    Ian White

All of the mentioned prospects are available as well.

I think 10-15 D will be taken in the auction. I'd like to get 2-3 of them.

Hope that helps!
    Shattenkirk and Fowler should be your top-2 targets, followed by:

Larsson
    Kulikov
    Smith
    Rundblad
    Elliott

Let the others slug it out for Byfuglien, White and the Wiz. If you walk away with, say, the two Swedes, you'll have added two nice D pillars to build around.
    8-GM / WK-H2H