Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 911

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    A theory attempts to predict future events based on a set of observed data. The U.S. Government-as-Boogeyman behind 9/11 is no more a theory than a tomato. Conspirators incorrectly dub it a theory in a feigned attempt at lending some semblance of analytical credibility to an otherwise baseless claim.

Besides, theories are never proven as fact nor claim to be. Newton, Einstein, etc and their respective theories are accepted as truths but have all been tweaked over the years as new evidence (ie observations/data) dictates.

Theoretically, a theory would have to be tested ad infinitum in order to be proven as fact. That's a fact...or a theory....

My point in this rant, this is a silly thread.
    Thanks for this, BB. I was intrigued by the irony that the OP did not want to call a conspiracy claim a theory because he thought that term denied its validity, when in fact calling it a theory would actually be a gross overstatement of the support for such a claim. Theories are well-supported ideas, not conjectures.
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    This is the first time in history someone exactly like me has posted this comment. Holy creepy...
    Ha! Spot on...
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)

Dobber Sports Guru

slicktee you clearly want to educate us with the information you have seen in some random movie like "zeitgeist" or the "truth behind 9/11" so please go ahead ......or I can save you the trouble

You will probably bring up the infamous "operation northwoods" from 1962 and extrapolate that into the believe that a largely incompetent US govt (sorry to my american friends but the US govt under Bush was mostly that in my opinion) would be capable of organizing and carrying out the greatest conspiracy in the history of the modern western world and then use that to go into expensive wars on two fronts to secure cheap oil while almost bankrupting the country in the process (cause that makes sense). You can bring up Haliburton and their connection to Karzai and the pipleline and all that jazz oh and I forgot how Osama isnt actually dead and that they never really landed on the moon.

Did I cover everything??

Now I have read or seen most of those shows and movies and even wasted my time reading some of the books, so I have "educated" myself on these ridiculous "hypotheses" cause I think they are kinda funny ...... like that show on the "history" channel lately .... Ancient Aliens ...... which is about how all major technological and cultural achievements of the last 3000 years were assisted by Aliens.

The bottom line is if you believe that stuff great all the power to you but coming into a public forum shortly before the 10 yr anniversary of that tragic event, which I'm sure personally affected members of this forum, to stir the pot is both unnecessary and disrespectful to the memories of those that lost their lives.

You have elicited the exact response you were looking for yet you are playing the poor me card, "oh no the GURUS are attacking poor little old slicktee" give me a break. Next time you want to start a contentious thread about something that is deeply emotional and very personal to some people perhaps you should think twice.

Dobber Sports Legend

This thread is not gonna end well, just saying. My name's Paul, and this between ya'll.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Ninja

The thread is close to dead already.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by subcrazy View Post
    Still need to know how to get into this GURU thingy.
    Subcrazy, I dub thee "GURU" for the weekend. SHAZAAM! (check yer title)

P.S. Sorry FG, you'll get exclusivity back on Tuesday
    Last edited by Thieving Giraffe; September 3, 2011 at 3:51 PM.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Ace

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    A theory attempts to predict future events based on a set of observed data. The U.S. Government-as-Boogeyman behind 9/11 is no more a theory than a tomato. Conspirators incorrectly dub it a theory in a feigned attempt at lending some semblance of analytical credibility to an otherwise baseless claim.

Besides, theories are never proven as fact nor claim to be. Newton, Einstein, etc and their respective theories are accepted as truths but have all been tweaked over the years as new evidence (ie observations/data) dictates.

Theoretically, a theory would have to be tested ad infinitum in order to be proven as fact. That's a fact...or a theory....

My point in this rant, this is a silly thread.
    Bomm are you a teacher? If not shoulda been, I woulda passed many a science courses if someone told me a theory it that way. cheers.
    Team 1:
    10 Team Keeper, keep 16.
    Cat: +/-, PIMs, G, A, Pts, STG (PPG+SHG), GAA, SPct, W
    Roto, No Max games, weekly lineups - 12F, 6D, 4G - 6 bench

F: Benn, Bennett, Crosby, Hughes, Keller, Kopitar, Lindolm, Perron, Schmalts, Stephenson, Tavares, Thompson
    Bench - Lafreniere, Roslovic, Schenn

D: Chabot, Dahlin, Josi, Hronek, Morrissey, Schenn
    Bench - Sandin

G: F. Copley, Gustavsson, Skinner, Sorokin
    Bench: Merzlikins, Petersen, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Mater View Post
    Bomm are you a teacher? If not shoulda been, I woulda passed many a science courses if someone told me a theory it that way. cheers.
    Agreed- well summed up, BB, and that's from a science teacher.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Thieving Giraffe View Post

YES!!!

Ohh I think I should keep it lol
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/picture.php?albumid=65&pictureid=474

Dobber Sports Genius

Just chiming in , as I hope it will keep my hopes of "guru" status alive.
    No opinion , so that should keep me in the running , thanks.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Master

I dont think that I will participate in this thread other to say this.... politics and fantasy hockey dont mix particularly well. Talk of 9/11 will be everywhere. I'd like to think there is one place left that its still only talk about (mostly) hockey, titties and/or other things of an amusing nature.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Thieving Giraffe View Post

LOL!!!

That was F@cken awesome!!
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Sophomore

clearly wendy has all the answers. Basically was just seeing if peoples opinion has changed from 10 years ago. I have watch alot on this, some make sense, others are kinda out there.

Why I brought up the subject was because i heard the 911 first responders are not allowed to come to the 10th anniversary at ground zero.

Since you are so educated wendy, define ground zero.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by slicktee519 View Post
    clearly wendy has all the answers. Basically was just seeing if peoples opinion has changed from 10 years ago. I have watch alot on this, some make sense, others are kinda out there.

Why I brought up the subject was because i heard the 911 first responders are not allowed to come to the 10th anniversary at ground zero.

Since you are so educated wendy, define ground zero.
    Duh. Clearly where the UFO landed.

The Great One

Do I have my Guru status back yet? This is bullsh*t