Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 911

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    Gravity? Don't get me started on gravity! Or forces! Or physics!

Nice to know we haven't made this thread into a lockable, implosive state yet. It is a touchy subject to most directly affected (being canadian and 9 at the time, haven't really kept tabs with the subject much).
    Wow, after you mentioned you were 9 when it happened, I remember now that exact day I was 11 and I got home from school early because I needed to get my braces and I saw it on TV.

Wtf I feel old now..where have the last 10 years gone...
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Quote Originally Posted by slicktee519 View Post
    ...or the conspiracy facts ( not theory), im giving them some respect for what they claim by not calling it a conspiracy theory
    A theory attempts to predict future events based on a set of observed data. The U.S. Government-as-Boogeyman behind 9/11 is no more a theory than a tomato. Conspirators incorrectly dub it a theory in a feigned attempt at lending some semblance of analytical credibility to an otherwise baseless claim.

Besides, theories are never proven as fact nor claim to be. Newton, Einstein, etc and their respective theories are accepted as truths but have all been tweaked over the years as new evidence (ie observations/data) dictates.

Theoretically, a theory would have to be tested ad infinitum in order to be proven as fact. That's a fact...or a theory....

My point in this rant, this is a silly thread.
    @SmittysRant

The Great One

Its very weird that these were the first two buildings ever, to have fallen to the ground (in a perfect pile....almost exactly as a controlled demolition) because of a fire.....

Dobber Sports Master

look guys, nothing good can come from this.. I know that we are entitled to our opinions and such, and are allowed to voice these opinions, but did we not learn anything from the previous thread dealing with a massive american event?

I say we let this be before this gets ugly and another person threatens to leave the site.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Banned

ha ha, that's funny that you 2(nights and Bondon) were 9 and 11 respectively!

I remember the exact day too. It was around 4:15 ish on a tuesday afternoon in the Netherlands.

I was just getting out of college for the day, and hitched a ride home with my dad who happened to be in Amsterdam for work that day.

Minutes after I got in, the radio had "breaking news from New York city" where an airplane had struck the World Trade Center.

At first we thought a CRAZY accident. Little while later, we heard the second plane hit, and when we got home we turned on CNN to follow the rest of the story.

This day probably has had the biggest impact on history while I've been alive thus far.

Still amazed by the stories and footage.

If anyone ever wants to watch a truly "good" movie, they should watch this documentary http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0312318/

it has footage from inside the buildings when they collapsed. It still gives me shivers

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Wow, after you mentioned you were 9 when it happened, I remember now that exact day I was 11 and I got home from school early because I needed to get my braces and I saw it on TV.

Wtf I feel old now..where have the last 10 years gone...
    Scratch 9... I was 8. Hurray for december birthdays.

As for where they've gone, I'm sure that if they were meant to be found, they woyld have been discovered by now.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyGuru View Post
    Its very weird that these were the first two buildings ever, to have fallen to the ground (in a perfect pile....almost exactly as a controlled demolition) because of a fire.....
    I don't want to be the guy who starts the awaiting explosion...

But think of it this way : just because it's the 1st, doesn't mean it's impossible.

Just like the universe. You can bet that there is another planet with living lifeforms on in. The universe is so big that even if it's a 0.00000001% chance to have lifeforms on a living planet (like Earth) that it's bound to happen. We just haven't figured it out yet.

In the end, the story remains the same - the buildings collapsed, killing many and scarring millions forever. Controlled by the government or a terrorist attack (order does not indicate sides since I really have not kept tabs on it to really fully explore both sides and make an opinion on it), what happened happened and it would be a disgrace to those who have sufferred to even debate the subject further.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Ninja

The great thing about the universe is that impossible things happen every second of every day.

Now, let's open up the 'Hurricane Katrina was created by government weather machines!' thread.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyGuru View Post

Calling that a fire is like calling the Grand Canyon a pot hole. Igniting 35 tons of aviation fuel will cook a lot of hotdogs.

But excuse me, I should really default to your structural engineering degree. Sorry.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

This is the first time in history someone exactly like me has posted this comment. Holy creepy...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Not sure what happened...I opened my two favorite forums, Dobber and...

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/118/pg1/srtpages

and somehow got them mixed up! Strangely, the answers I got on whether I should keep Shattenkirk or Fowler were horrible (ie. "Who the f*%k are Fowler and Shattenkirk?").

Guess I should try to keep my fantasy hockey posts and conspiracy theory posts on the appropriate forums. Just sayin'...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    look guys, nothing good can come from this.. I know that we are entitled to our opinions and such, and are allowed to voice these opinions, but did we not learn anything from the previous thread dealing with a massive american event?

I say we let this be before this gets ugly and another person threatens to leave the site.
    I cant wait till the Department of Homeland Defense shuts down the internet when ever they feel like it and you can not get onto your fantasy hockey team. Oh, well, im sleeping already, might as well stay sleeping.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by massengil View Post
    Not sure what happened...I opened my two favorite forums, Dobber and...

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/118/pg1/srtpages

and somehow got them mixed up! Strangely, the answers I got on whether I should keep Shattenkirk or Fowler were horrible (ie. "Who the f*%k are Fowler and Shattenkirk?").

Guess I should try to keep my fantasy hockey posts and conspiracy theory posts on the appropriate forums. Just sayin'...

LOLLL!

My absolute favourite post ive seen since I joined the site. You sir are hilarious.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

I cant wait till the Department of Homeland Defense shuts down the internet when ever they feel like it and you can not get onto your fantasy hockey team. Oh, well, im sleeping already, might as well stay sleeping.
    There's a point in there someplace.

...I just need to blow a few tubes first and then it will appear. Now if only I can find my double-secret decoder bong.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Padawan

hmm flaming already starting by the thread creator lol.
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/picture.php?albumid=65&pictureid=474

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by subcrazy View Post
    hmm flaming already starting by the thread creator lol.
    Nothing flaming here bud, just hate when people have a problem with a thread, replies 10000 x's, just to keep GURU status. Never gives an opinion in any of the post. If it is not the subject matter you like, read it, go away without responding.

I have an opinion on the subject, havent giving it. I might be voting yes or no, but apparently no one here can read to do that.