Thread: Toskala

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Toskala

Hi Guys,

Dobber posted on the Daily Rambling that the Panthers are talking to the Sharks about acquiring Toskala. What are the chances of this happening? Are there any other rumours around league about a possible trade for Toskala?

Gate

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re:Toskala

I think this could be a very real Possibility... Florida is looking for a Excellent goalie with Auld... If Auld ever shows up...

Most teams that are looking for goalies have thier hands tied with what they have... and theres a few just looking for backups... last year theer was about 9-10 waiver claimes on goalies... and 4-5 signed 1/2 through the season... backups are all the craze right now... cheap and useful...

Toskola fits the bill as a Top Line starter so I think a Florida, maybe Detroit (if Hasek goes elsewhere), Colorado (if they buy out Theodore) are your teams in need of a Toskola... Anahiem could be if the lose Giggy... I hope They keep Giggy... we all know what happened with Tampa and Khabbulin... Neither team nor player has been the same since...
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Icon

Lord knows that Florida needs a starting goalie... (the luongo deal still goes down as the biggest folly of the decade). Auld doesn\'t fit the bill and Belfour won\'t likely be back.

I don\'t know if toskala is a reasonable solution though... He is still under contract and florida would have to give San Jose something for him... I think Florida may just try and go after a goalie in free agency...

With Backstrom re-signed in Minnesota, Harding (who is ready to be a full time backup/split starter) a RFA this year (likely to be resigned), the Wild will have almost 9 million tied up in their goalies... If the Panthers knew what was good for them, they\'d go after Fernandez, since he\'s proven himself as a full time starter...

Toskala has yet to play a full season as a starter, and has been fantastic, when needed, but he\'s risky to a Florida team who already tried going at it with a backup turned starter in Auld...
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Apprentice

lanky522 wrote:
    Lord knows that Florida needs a starting goalie... (the luongo deal still goes down as the biggest folly of the decade). Auld doesn\'t fit the bill and Belfour won\'t likely be back.

I don\'t know if toskala is a reasonable solution though... He is still under contract and florida would have to give San Jose something for him... I think Florida may just try and go after a goalie in free agency...

With Backstrom re-signed in Minnesota, Harding (who is ready to be a full time backup/split starter) a RFA this year (likely to be resigned), the Wild will have almost 9 million tied up in their goalies... If the Panthers knew what was good for them, they\'d go after Fernandez, since he\'s proven himself as a full time starter...

Toskala has yet to play a full season as a starter, and has been fantastic, when needed, but he\'s risky to a Florida team who already tried going at it with a backup turned starter in Auld...
    Exact # is 7.943 (not including Harding raise, just using last years salery)

I totally agree with you lanky

Auld makes 1.475 now but is a RFA... but I dont see this # increasing much if at all...

Florida is waiting for David Shantz so Fernandez would be a good pickup for 2 years...

also I like how we\'re discussing Fernandez moving... I own Josh Harding lol... I\'m in heaven right now knowing Minny cant support all 3 and Fernandez is odd man out :woohoo:

Minny has had thier closet cleaned of Prospects and some that arent developing the way they want... Florida has a good amount of prospects and would be willing to throw a sacrificial Lamb to Minny (I believe) for a goalie... say either Campbell, Globke, Larman or Stewart and a pick? I think both teams would win on that...
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck