• Tyler Seguin

40 81.63%
  • Brayden Schenn

9 18.37%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Schenn vs Seguin

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Filadelphia View Post
    For the record I'd rather have Seguin than Schenn but I'm just saying don't count on Schenn being stuck in Philly as a 3rd liner for 4 years so don't base your preference on that assumption.
    Unless Schenn adopts the Carter/Richards attitude and flocks to the sauce then I can't see Philly trading Schenn.

Schenn isn't going to be on the 3rd line for 4 years because players "progress". I expect him to play 3rd line minutes with a bit of 2nd PP time in the upcoming season. Going into next year, he will bounce around the Top 9 and could see some top line PP duties if he shows he's ready. Philly doesn't need to rush him and his ice time will reflect the success of his progression.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I get it. And I'm really not trying to play devil's advocate here to be a stick in the mud, seriously lol. I know Seguin has the pedigree here to an extent, but I just don't see the megastar in him that some do I guess.

The bottom line is - until we see what Schenn can do on NHL ice, there's no measuring stick here. I don't blame anyone for taking Seguin over Schenn (hell, I would too - and I said he will edge him in scoring) but I just don't see this:

Seguin = 90 pointer
    Schenn = 70 pointer

Because that's what "not even close" looks like. If both fall between 77-85 points, that's pretty damn close if you ask me. This is not Crosby vs. Schenn here - that's a landslide.
    I think we agree on that. I see Seguin as a consistent PPG player in his prime, with the possibility of the odd 90 pt season if everything goes perfectly for him

I see Schenn as a consistent 70 pt player with the possibility of 80 pts if everything goes perfectly for him. So, at most I see 10 pts seperating them in their prime. That is definitely not a lot of points.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Unless Schenn adopts the Carter/Richards attitude and flocks to the sauce then I can't see Philly trading Schenn.

Schenn isn't going to be on the 3rd line for 4 years because players "progress". I expect him to play 3rd line minutes with a bit of 2nd PP time in the upcoming season..
    Laviolette saw Richards and Carter as problems. Borderline drinking problems played a part in their movement. And yes I think Schenn will play some 3rd line minutes but the Flyers signed Maxime Talbot for their 3rd line C and I don't see him being bumped to the 4th line where Betts will play, if only so he is dressed for the SH.
    As for PP time I don't think he will get much more than a trial. Unless the Flyers play some forwards at the point they have JVR, Giroux, Briere, Hartnell, and Jagr as locks with Voracek likely being the last player. If I implied Schenn would be scratched the whole year I didn't mean that. He will play decent minutes to get experience but I could see him being a decent trading chip, especially after the Flyers took another center at 8th overall this year.
    12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

C: Malkin, Backstrom, Turris, Bozak
    LW: Ryan, Parise, Hartnell, Ladd
    RW: St. Louis, Voracek, Wheeler, Semin
    D: Phaneuf, Boyle, J. Johnson, Suter, Goligoski
    G: Lundqvist, Lehtonen, Scrivens, Neuvirth

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas0Aequitas View Post
    It's 5 months difference. Not that big of a deal.

In "year 2" Seguin played 7 less games and scored 18 more points than Schenn.

You shot yourself in the foot with your own argument, although I'm sure you'll come back with a personal insult or say how Turris is a bust cause you are the known #1 troll here on the Dobber forums.
    1st off you houseleager.......turris IS a bust....

and 2nd...YOUR the ONLY one who attacked ME...no one else.....i never said seguin was shit...I SAID seguin and schenn were pretty damn close in fanatsy potential based on past history and stats....

how is that trolling?............you look like an idiot...LMAO

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    You do realize that he was healthy scratched a lot, and when he did play he got like 10 minutes a game, right? You're not gonna get points like that.

His stats are irrelevant. The fact that he was in the NHL and improved every game, and was a much better player at the end of the year than the start,speaks volumes.

I don't care what he put up this year, he will always outscore Brayden Schenn and it won't be that close.

Going off stats and only stats is wrong - you have to watch them play and evaluate their talent.
    he will ALWAYS outscore brayden schenn?

thats bold....i like bold however

in my opinion next year will be the barometer as to where these guys are headed.....too early to tell......im flabbergasted at the lack of respect given to schenn when every scout and gm expect this kid to be a thouroughbread......

Dobber Sports Pro

Wow lots of what if in this thread.

Isn't schenn compared to Richards.
    Who is comparable to seguin?

They are both going to be battling for ice time this year.
    I see both playing wing in the top 6 by Xmas

Until we see schenn play at the NHL level it is really to hard to say what kind of numbers he will put out.
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, KA Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin
    Zherenko

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    he will ALWAYS outscore brayden schenn?

thats bold....i like bold however

in my opinion next year will be the barometer as to where these guys are headed.....too early to tell......im flabbergasted at the lack of respect given to schenn when every scout and gm expect this kid to be a thouroughbread......
    It's not a knock on Schenn, really. I just believe you'd be hard-pressed to find many scouts and GMs who would take him over Seguin at this point in time.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Filadelphia View Post
    the Flyers signed Maxime Talbot for their 3rd line C.
    Fila,

Holmgren publicly mentioned that "he thinks Talbot could be a good winger to play with Schenn on the 3rd line" or he could center the 4th line. Personally, I see a 3rd line of Talbot-Schenn-Simmonds.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Apprentice

why the highest upside BY FAR???...they are 5 months apart in age......schenn tore up the WHL a notoriously harder league than the OHL to put up #'s.....Schenn would have ripped the OHL and new *******.......

redo your research......these guys are both equally offensively gifted and oh yeah...schenn tore apart the WJ's....did seguin even play??????

As a Calgary Hitmen season ticket holder I got to watch Schenn play about 30 times live and to say that him an Seguin are equal is ludicrous. The only way that Schenn could keep up with Seguin is if they did a race like the old Nike "Federov vs Johnson" commercial with Seguin wearing his shoes on the ice and Schenn wearing his skates. His skating is sub par and his size is the ONLY reason that he was able to dominate at the junior level. Once he is playing against full sized men that advantage will be gone and I think that you will see him end up like his brother - over hyped and over valued. He will be an average NHLer - nothing more, nothing less.
    There are things known, and things Unknown. In between are The Doors...

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks for all the replys.. Even got tequila monster in on this one

Looks like Seguin is the favorite here by a long shot, as I expected, but I agree that it is much closer than most seem to think.

In the end I got Schenn. Probably not the smartest move but I'd rather cheer for Philly and there has been zero trade movement in our league so I'm hoping this will get some of the other GM's a little move active seeing top young talent moving around.

I don't think we'll know for sure for a few years but if I were to bet, I'd bet on Seguin. (But I took Schenn in a money league soo..... )
    Two Stroke Hockey League - Points only, full keeper
    Capwise Full Keeper H2H Roto Leagues: East Coast Fantasy League,
    Icey Cups Fantasy Hockey League - H2H Points, Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I don't see these 2 as comparables.

Seguin has ppg and 90+ potential.

Schenn will be lucky to hit 65pts consistently.

Seguin and it is a no brainer.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Seguin if it's points only.
    Schenn if PIMs and plus minus are included.

Dobber Sports Genius

Hmm , I guess I'll pipe in again , 1st congrats A Watch , you couldn't go wrong either way.
    Monster buddy , I'm not sure where the troll thing came from , un-deserved imo.
    I wonder why Philly choose Schenn in return for Richards?
    I wonder why they choose Voracek in return for Carter , I know there's more to it than that but , there were other teams and other players they could easily have made deals for/with.
    Lets see if Schenn gets to play some time on a line with Voracek , that will be sweet!
    Sequin does have huge up-side and may see a 80+ season , but I think 70+ will be more his style.Great team , great mates to feed and be fed to.
    I still think Schenn will prove himself as the better pts. player.
    Guess I'm in the minority.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I don't care what he put up this year, he will always outscore Brayden Schenn and it won't be that close.
    Will you drink your own urine if Schenn out scores him?

Dobber Sports Veteran

1st off you houseleager.......turris IS a bust....

and 2nd...YOUR the ONLY one who attacked ME...no one else.....i never said seguin was shit...I SAID seguin and schenn were pretty damn close in fanatsy potential based on past history and stats....

how is that trolling?............you look like an idiot...LMAO
    3 points in 4 playoff games last year and he hasn't even turned 22 yet. He looked mighty good in those 4 games too. That was good to tie him for 2nd on the team in playoff scoring.

What's your definition of bust? I want to know so when he shows you he's not I can say "told you so"

That aside, Seguin has at least 15 point upside on Schenn IMO.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR