Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Conversations

Dobber Sports Ninja

Somebody HAS to get Sludge caller-ID.

Either that or ya gotta change your phone number Shoe
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Shoeless: Hello Sludge.
    Sludge: Hey Shoeless. How did you know it was me calling?
    Shoeless: Well, my daughter answered the phone and then called me and said, “It’s for you, Dad – it’s Sludge.”
    Sludge: Ahh, so how did she know it was me calling?
    Shoeless: Caller ID. So what’s up?
    Sludge: I was wondering if I could pick your brain about a situation I have going on with the manager of the Puffians in our keeper league.
    Shoeless: Alright, what’s the deal?
    Sludge: Well, I asked if he would be interested in moving Franzen and he said he would consider it, for the right price.
    Shoeless: That’s a start. So did you put together an offer?
    Sludge: Well, here’s the thing, huh, I suggested he look at my team and decide what would work for him and get back to me with an offer.
    Shoeless: And …?
    Sludge: He said no, he wasn’t going to do that. He said if I wanted Franzen then it was up to me to put together an offer for him to consider.
    Shoeless: Kinda makes sense, so then what?
    Sludge: Well that’s where we are at now, I decided to give you a shout for some ideas as to how to deal with this kind of resistant GM.
    Shoeless: Why do you say he’s resistant? Sounds to me like he is open to doing a deal and that all you need to do is come up with an offer to get the talks going about what it will take.
    Sludge: Puleeze, that old trick about dragging your feet and insisting that the other guy make the first offer is getting real old. I’m not going to bite on that one. Like how tough is it to take a quick boo at my roster and come up with an offer that he thinks is fair. Nope, I’m not falling for that Sam Shady tactic.
    Shoeless: Man, Sludge, I am having a hard time seeing how that is shady. Seems simple enough to me that you want Franzen because he is going to help your team and you just have to decide what kind of offer will make it worth your while to do the deal and get it over to the guy.
    Sludge: Wow, sometimes you seem so na�ve. This is just the old ploy of him getting me to overpay or at least pay more than I have to because he would have accepted less – but he keeps me in the dark so that I don’t know where the real target is. Nah, I’m not letting him off the hook here, he’s gotta come up with some framework first or I’m just going to walk away – I don’t need Franzen that bad that I want to risk getting roughed up in a trade for him. Anyway, do you have any ideas as to how I can improve my position here and get this guy to give me some information about what he is thinking?
    Shoeless: Well, I am a little stuck actually, but I do have one idea.
    Sludge: Let me have it.
    Shoeless: How about if you tell me your bottom line for Franzen and then I can kinda check with Puffiness to see if I landed those assets in a trade, if they would be good enough to get Franzen and then if he says yes – then you can just make the offer to him and Bob’s your uncle. That way you get to make an offer without fearing that you are paying more than you want to or should and he isn’t getting an overpay out of you.
    Sludge: Man, you are a genius – how do you come up with these brilliant tactics?
    Shoeless: Well, this one is straight out of Gestalt Therapy – it’s called deflection.
    Sludge: Well, I would really appreciate if you will do this – I’ll sharpen the pencil and let you know what I am willing to part with and get back to you. So why would you help me out this way?
    Shoeless: I got a sentence to do 100 hours of community service work for that DUI thing a month ago, I am pretty sure this qualifies for credit.
    Now that was funny. Love the extra deflection twist. LOL!

Is it a coincidence that you include deflection and Franzen?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Is it a coincidence that you include deflection and Franzen?
    No! It was purposeful. But a bit of a fluke in that I had been doing some stuff on deflection a couple of days ago. Dobberhockey users are a tough group - gotta try and come with your A stuff all the time.
    Last edited by Shoeless; July 28, 2011 at 9:26 PM.

Dobber Sports Wizard

This thread is pure gold. Well done shoeless.

Cheers.

Dobber Sports Master

I swear... this thread is pure comedy genius. The caller ID gag is too funny. hahahaha Shoeless, this makes it even more certain... if I ever make it to South Korea, I'm looking you up.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Wedgy View Post
    I swear... this thread is pure comedy genius. The caller ID gag is too funny. hahahaha Shoeless, this makes it even more certain... if I ever make it to South Korea, I'm looking you up.
    Sounds good Wedgy, call first okay?

Administrator

Sounds good Wedgy, call first okay?
    Do you have call waiting? Otherwise he might get a busy signal while you're busy with Sludge.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Do you have call waiting? Otherwise he might get a busy signal while you're busy with Sludge.
    Hahaha. +1 for you.

Dobber Sports Star

3:20 am Korea Standard Time – phone ringing

Shoeless (answers the phone): Hey Sludge, how’s it going?
    Sludge: Wow, Shoeless, how did you know it was me calling?
    Shoeless: Lucky guess.
    Sludge: Come on, I know it wasn’t a guess – how did you know?
    Shoeless: It’s 4:20 pm there, right?
    Sludge: Yeah, of course.
    Shoeless: Well, I know you get off work at 4pm and it takes you 15 minutes to get home and starting checking Dobberhockey. Today Angus tweeted that Kulemin got traded to the Stars and he will be lining up on the left wall with Benn and Eriksson on the first line, so I figured you just saw that and decided to give me a call.
    Sludge: Yeah …. But why did you think I would call about that?
    Shoeless: Well, since you own Kulemin, I figured I would be hearing from you about taking Turris out of the trade offer for Perry and replacing him with Kulemin.
    Sludge: Yeah, you’re right – amazing. It really blows my mind that you knew it was me calling and that was what I was calling about.
    Shoeless: Well, not that difficult really.
    Sludge: How so?
    Shoeless: Nobody in Korea calls at this time in the morning and anyone in North America with my phone number realizes the time difference and doesn’t call me. Except you of course – and I was pretty sure you would be thinking that Kulemin would solve my problems in finding a 3rd LWer for my team.
    Sludge: Yeah, I guess it was kinda obvious because you know that right after work is the most convenient time for me to contact you. And we have talked a lot about you wanting to move Perry to me for some nice tickets.
    Shoeless: Yeah, something like that.
    Sludge: While we are on the topic, could I get you to sign up for Skype, these phone calls are costing me a fortune. So how about it, do we have a deal on Perry.
    Shoeless: Tell you what Sludge, let me sleep on the Skype and Perry thing, would you?
    Sludge: Sure no problem. If I don’t hear from you tomorrow, I will give you a call, so you don’t have to bother trying to reach me.
    Shoeless, what a terrific thread, this one is still my favorite and how Shoeless knows Sludge better than Sludge knows himself.

I am also amazed at Shoeless' patience and restraint from strangling Sludge over the phone
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Thanks Marty, glad you are enjoying it - it's been fun doing it.

I call that episode you like, "Velcro".

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Shoeless, I'm not sure if you've ever seen the TV show called "The League" but I wish it had this quality of back and forth... and was about hockey, not football!

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_League),
    Last edited by TwoPuckCanuck; July 29, 2011 at 10:23 AM.
    GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Mike Ribeiro, Patrik Elias, Tyler Johnson, Stephen Weiss, Steve Ott, Jarret Stoll
    LW: Gabriel Landeskog, Mats Zuccarello, Marcus Johansson, RJ Umberger, Matt Cooke, Justin Abdelkader
    RW: Troy Brouwer, Daniel Alfredsson, Erik Cole, Shane Doan, Jackob Silfverberg
    D: Dustin Byfuglien, Brent Seabrook, Joni Pitkanen, Erik Gudbranson, Matt Carle, Dmitri Orlov, Seth Jones, Hampus Lindholm
    G: Henrik Lundqvist, Anton Khudobin, Jason LaBarbera, Devan Dubnyk, Anders Lindback

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by TwoPuckCanuck View Post
    Shoeless, I'm not sure if you've ever seen the TV show called "The League" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_League), but I wish it had this quality of back and forth... and was about hockey, not football!
    Haven't owned a TV in nearly 17 years 2puck, so no this isn't familiar to me. but sounds like a compliment for which I am appreciative.

Dobber Sports Master

man, these are hilarious. Keep them coming shoe.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Ace

How did you watch hockey for the last 17 years?
    2010-2011 Team Try Hard League Champion
    2009-2010 Dobber Pirate League Champion
    2009-2010 Dobber Elite League Champion

I'm the best! Dutch is the Worst.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Kickerz View Post
    How did you watch hockey for the last 17 years?
    Who said I watch hockey?