Thread: Understanding Fantrax Illegal Rosters

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Understanding Fantrax Illegal Rosters

I already posted said message on Fantrax forums already but the community here is so large that I decided to send a message to see if I can get any advice. I give props to Mcgoo as he has been explaining this to me over PM which has been a great help but I need the reassurance of a couple of members just to ease my mind.

In my settings for my Salary Cap NHL league I have daily starts set so that I can change my positions up to a minute before the game starts. If I can get my roster "Legal" before the first game starts for the day will it give me the points for that day as well? I am contemplating using the setting where you can have illegal rosters but won't accumulate points until the roster becomes legal but am unsure on how it works. I will use an example so hopefully a someone who has a definite answer can enlighten me as this is my first fantrax league.

So it's the week 1 (Period 1) which runs from (October 6th-October 13th) I am meant to have 14 actives players on my roster but I drop a player on the Oct 7th which makes my roster illegal as I now only have 13 active players on my roster. the first player on my roster to start plays at 7PM so at 6:30 PM I pick up another player making my roster "LEGAL" again.

NOW.....

1.) Do I lose all points for this week meaning points already gained plus potential points for the rest of the week because my roster was illegal at one time during that period?

2.) Do I only lose points for that DAY that my roster was illegal, OR if I manage to make my roster legal before any players start for that day, do I still get all that day's points?

This is a major point of contention in how I will set up my league so experienced users of Fantrax would be greatly appreciated.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Banned

#2 is how it works

If your roster is illegal when the day's games begin you get no points for the day...if you can fix your illegal roster before the day's games begin you suffer no penalties.

It makes sense if you think about it, if they didn't do it that way people would cheat with it and always start with illegal rosters, then wait to see who scored and leave them in while removing the other guy

Dobber Sports Expert

Thanks a ton Mcgoo. Appreciate it tremendously. Just reassures me that I think I will take this route to avoid any trade issues as you mentioned with the other availble illegal roster options.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

Farm (Max 200 GP):

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies

Dobber Sports Master

I use the setting ''only for total max players'' = illegal for my league .

seems to keep everyones roster in line

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'm comish(admin) of a 14 team keeper league , and allow 20 main roster players and reserves as well.

I have to go in once a week and will back date all players using the comish option to oct 6....This will allow fantrax to update all players stats just like they were in your active roster for every game since puck drop.....then manually make the best 20man team out of reserve/fa/keeper players.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I use the setting ''only for total max players'' = illegal for my league .

seems to keep everyones roster in line
    Yeah Butch, I set it up that way in a dummy league and It seemed to work out just fine. I don't have the limitation of not being able to trade because I am exceeding the limitations of the positional requirements yet I still need to do the drop to get back under the classification of "legal." This is good in the sense that nothing hinders the trades and the drops can be made afte the trades go through.

Pro

Farm (Max 200 GP):

Stat Categories

Skaters
    Goalies